Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

See ye there, 3.30. If anyone needs picking up from the luas (prob Sandyford best) give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I was worried this was going to happen, unfortunately I wont be able to make it this Sunday. I just got back from the doctor and I'm not supposed to leave my bed until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm really annoyed I have to miss this.

I was worried this was going to happen, unfortunately I wont be able to make it this Sunday. I just got back from the doctor and I'm not supposed to leave my bed until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm really annoyed I have to miss this.

Unlucky man, you'll be missed up front. Who's going in up there instead of ya so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

ugh sucks, feel better man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

That sucks daragh. I'm real up for this, unfortunately won't be able to booze afterwards as I've my last exam on tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Troy said if were short of numbers he can do a job.

jbravado wrote: »
    Troy said if were short of numbers he can do a job.

Give him a shout so Sam, looks like we'll need him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

draft him in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I thought you could leave my position vacant in my honour!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

We'll retire the Jersey.

Ricky who you gonna draft in? With daragh gone your link man is out. I think Sam will fit this role nearly prefectly.

• Advertisement

Just incase anyone needs any motivation for the game, cross posted from soccer forum . . .

Mayor Dennis - I have a really swanky ball that's always in my car - I wouldn't call it a match ball but then nobody is regulating this game so . . . carries a swanky ball in his car?!!?

Mayor Dennis - Of course and I'll prove to those filthy poker players too, especially when I take all the pens, free kicks and MY captains armband....
    Hope he's wearing shin pads

Voltwad - We should all choose a player and call ourselves it instead of names
    Like when we were kids.
    This a level? nice pass Carlos Valderama . . .

Mayor Dennis - so are we going to try and play football yea? keep the ball on the deck, no hoofing nonsense, I should be able to skin there defenders if the passing is right, the movement will be right, if a little slower than me of 12 months ago
    Careca, Kayroo - make note.

Cliffnotes: Guys with swanky balls, will skin the filthy poker players who are our slow defenders, because their movement is that good, before squaring it to Roberto Baggio!!!!

Who needs motivation huh??? ;)

I thought you could leave my position vacant in my honour!

We'll get you hooked up with an ear piece and mike. Get 5Star to hook up a live feed from his camcorder and you can manage the game from your sick bed.

Consider it a touch line ban

semibluff wrote: »
    Mayor Dennis - so are we going to try and play football yea? keep the ball on the deck, no hoofing nonsense, I should be able to skin there defenders if the passing is right, the movement will be right, if a little slower than me of 12 months ago
    Careca, Kayroo - make note.

Oh someone is getting the mother and father of a kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Starting 11 (We're playing 4-4-2)

GK breifne
    LB kweeveen
    RB Roundtower
    CB Careca
    CB kayroo
    LM Tripee
    RM jackyback
    CM Semibluff (capt)
    CM Theresalwaysone
    FWD HJ
    FWD Chopper

Apart from shoutman is there anyone else who plays in midfield?

How are we fixed for subs? While justifiably left out of the starting 11 as I'm unknown/ an unknown quantity we've had a few drop outs and players are being drafted in to fill the positions vacated? I promise I don't have 2 left feet and wouldn't have put myself forward for this is if I couldn't kick a ball out of my way :pac:

I've played RB CB and on occasion as a defensive midfielder. While all these positions are currently filled is there a possibility of shuffling the pack (pardon the pun) rather than drafting in players?

Its kinda like the feeling of being picked last for a team in primary school :o

PS The above is neither a rant or moan - I'm just eager for action :D

tonc76 wrote: »
    How are we fixed for subs? While justifiably left out of the starting 11 as I'm unknown/ an unknown quantity we've had a few drop outs and players are being drafted in to fill the positions vacated? I promise I don't have 2 left feet and wouldn't have put myself forward for this is if I couldn't kick a ball out of my way :pac:

I've played RB CB and on occasion as a defensive midfielder. While all these positions are currently filled is there a possibility of shuffling the pack (pardon the pun) rather than drafting in players?

Jbravado was a definite starter then said he couldn't play and now can so I would imagine that's the justification for his selection. Plus a starter actually volunteered to bench himself for him.

Troy is, apparently, a top notch player. We need him on the panel, I don't think Ricky or Darragh said he was starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Oh someone is getting the mother and father of a kicking.

If you miss him, I'll be waiting :)

careca wrote: »
    If you miss him, I'll be waiting :)

Oh, I'll get him.:cool:

Karate_4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

If u can draft that guy please do as out attacking options are non existant now. Sam will start up top with me, with trip going back in as left wing.

Guys we have the strongest team we've had in my 3 games so I expect nothing less than a victory, fancy ball or no fancy ball.

Apologies for not posting the team sooner - Daragh or I will let you know how we want the team to play closer to the time. Whoever is not in the starting lineup will play at least the 2nd 3rd of the game - guaranteeing everyone at least 30 minutes.

Could everyone be there by 3:30 (assumning kick off is at 4). If you're not there on time and you're in the starting 11 you will start on the bench. Everyone needs to be on time for a warm up, a team talk and to pay Daragh and I.

With the exception of our keeper and Kweeveen who both Daragh and I rate very highly we've decided to stick to the players who have been with us for the two games in December.

Starting 11 (We're playing 4-4-2)

GK breifne
    LB kweeveen
    RB Roundtower
    CB Careca
    CB kayroo
    LM Tripee
    RM jackyback
    CM Semibluff (capt)
    CM Theresalwaysone
    FWD JBravado
    FWD Chopper

Apart from shoutman is there anyone else who plays in midfield?
    tonc76 wrote: »

Team has been edited above.....

Mate you will get at least 1/3rd as promised. If we draft any other players in it will be upfront as we're light there as we are in the middle. You and shoutman from what I can see are the only sub mids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Fair enough - just needed to make the point

Still looking forward to the game all the same

Are jerseys being supplied or are we all wearing red on the day?

• Advertisement

Wear red as suggested on a previous page............

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Smack talk

Smack talk

Smack talk

:)

Lads btw now that HectorJelly can't play I'll just say to whoever is organising the team now that I need 95 euro off yis before the match. At 3:45 at the latest to pay the lad who'll be there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bitches yo, you ain't got nothing, it's on, oh it's on.

etc. etc.

I'm not even close enough to working class to pull off any smack talk, see you on the pitches bitches.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Bitches yo, you ain't got nothing, it's on, oh it's on.

etc. etc.

I'm not even close enough to working class to pull off any smack talk, see you on the pitches bitches.

What position are you playing so posh-boy?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Lads btw now that HectorJelly can't play I'll just say to whoever is organising the team now that I need 95 euro off yis before the match. At 3:45 at the latest to pay the lad who'll be there.

I'll sort it out for you as I'm organising it solo now

I'll sort it out for you as I'm organising it solo now

Thanks very much amigo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

that's a shame mate, I was half tempted to play at centre half just to mark you :P

at least now I can revert to my superstar striker role I guess :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

What position are you playing so posh-boy?

Up top walking past your defence,
    I'm really out of shape but I'm not expecting fitness to come into this against you layabouts.
    I will see about signing autographs after but I promise nothing, places to be people to see.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Up top walking past your defence,
    I'm really out of shape but I'm not expecting fitness to come into this against you layabouts.
    I will see about signing autographs after but I promise nothing, places to be people to see.

Lovely. Playing centre half myself. I have a match saturday but shouldn't be beyond me to spend 90 minutes keeping you under my thumb.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement