Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum v Soccer forum Sunday 18th Jan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Now kindly take your bickering away lads will ye? I wanna needle Neil some more about the thrashing that is coming his way Sunday....

Ya ya, and then Neil will fight you in the octagon later that day and see who gets the thrashing... :pac:

eZe^ wrote: »
    Ya ya, and then Neil will fight you in the octagon later that day and see who gets the thrashing... :pac:

Eh...ok?

Eh...ok?

I was just messing cos he's an MMA fighter.... Ah nevermind....

I was just messing cos he's an MMA fighter.... Ah nevermind....

Ah, makes more sense now. Really happy I am marking him on Sunday so :rolleyes:(gulp)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LOL. If this was in Soccer a mod would infract you for posting off-topic. Irony is so so good.

Now kindly take your bickering away lads will ye? I wanna needle Neil some more about the thrashing that is coming his way Sunday....

Lol yes the irony of off topic posting is delicious.
    LIES!!!!

If you really cared you'd overthrow that wench of a mod:P

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol yes the irony of off topic posting is delicious.

No idea why you quoted my other post.

1. It was clearly a joke

2. Irony is good:D

3. The derailing thread rules in this forum are pretty lax; mostly in the main forum rather than the theory sections though.

Ah, makes more sense now. Really happy I am marking him on Sunday so :rolleyes:(gulp)

Just make sure you and all your poker buddies refer to Frisbee as 'Laura', that really annoys him and will probably psyche him out, plus, the soccer lads will be calling him that anyway...

Just make sure you and all your poker buddies refer to Frisbee as 'Laura', that really annoys him and will probably psyche him out, plus, the soccer lads will be calling him that anyway...

That did actually cause a bit of confusion for a while over here. I'd seen him referred to as Laura a few times over in Soccer and couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LIES!!!!

If you really cared you'd overthrow that wench of a mod:P

Careful Kayroo please. You don't want to be shown up in front of the smacktalking visitors with an infraction do you?

5starpool wrote: »
    Careful Kayroo please. You don't want to be shown up in front of the smacktalking visitors with an infraction do you?

Sorry Dom. I PM'd Xavi to explain it was all meant in jest anyway. Apologies if I went too far with it.

• Advertisement

Can someone please bring a red jersey for me tomorrow?

I was going to nick one from my team but our get got called off and being neither a United nor Liverpool fan I don't have any red jerseys. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorry Dom. I PM'd Xavi to explain it was all meant in jest anyway. Apologies if I went too far with it.

+1

All good in the hood as my homies would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Can someone please bring a red jersey for me tomorrow?

I was going to nick one from my team but our get got called off and being neither a United nor Liverpool fan I don't have any red jerseys. Cheers.

ill bring a spare one for ya

Soccer's getting ridiculous, and seeing as most of the lads on there that were interested enough to talk about La Liga have been banned my niche there is basically redundant. I'm considering just not posting there anymore. I'm trying to search the other boards forums but they all seem so alien and cold to me. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Banter through visitor messages about Barca my friend! I'll be leaving you many!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It's a;right he's crap anyway... :pac:

God Damn man! God Damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Can someone post up a map and directions how to get this place, i will be coming from Drogheda/m1/m50.
    Looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Can someone post up a map and directions how to get this place, i will be coming from Drogheda/m1/m50.
    Looking forward to this

+1

I am living in dundrum but still not exactly sure where the hell this is. tyty

lcmap1.jpg

DIRECTIONS TO LORETO PARK:

FROM M50 MOTORWAY:
    Follow the signs "Southbound M50". Take the exit for "Dundrum / Sandyford", keep left and at roundabout, take exit signposted "Ratharnham". This turn will take you on to Brehan Field Road. Go straight at the next three sets of traffic lights, following the sign R822 to Rathfarnham/Tallaght. At the fourth set of lights, you'll see a sign for Nutgrove Shopping Centre. Take this right turn. You will now be on Stonemason's Way. Go straight at the next roundabout, bringing you onto Broadford Road. Turn left at the next roundabout and Loreto Park and Leicester Celtic's Clubhouse are located on the right hand side.
    FROM DUBLIN CITY CENTRE:
    Follow the signs to Blessington [N81]. At the crossroads in Terenure village, go straight ahead following the signs to Rathfarnham [N118], passing the Eagle House pub on your left. This takes you on to Rathfarnham Road. Follow the road, passing the Yellow House pub on your right, on to Grange Road. Grange Road leads on to Nutgrove Avenue. From Nutgrove Avenue, take a right at the junction with Nutgrove Way. Once on Nutgrove Way, you will pass McDonalds restaurant and the Nutgrove Shopping Centre on your left. Continue straight until you come to a roundabout. Turn right at this roundabout and Loreto Park and Leicester's Clubhouse is on the right hand side.
    FROM DUN LAOGHAIRE:
    Follow signs to Dublin N31. At Blackrock, turn left into Mount Merrion Avenue [signposted N4, N7]. At the top of Mount Merrion Avenue, the junction with the N11, turn right at the lights. At the junction with the R112 take left [signposted Dundrum (N81), The West (N4, N5, N6)]. At the next junction, with Goatstown Road, go straight head on to Taney Road, passing the Goat Sports bar on your left hand side. At the bottom of Taney, go straight through the set of lights and under the suspension bridge on to Churchtown Road. Take a left at the Bottle Tower pub, followed by an immediate right on to Nutgrove Avenue. Travelling along Nutgrove Avenue, you will pass the fire station on your left. At the next set of lights, take a left onto Nutgrove Way. Nutgrove Shopping Centre is on the left hand side. Continue straight until you come to a roundabout. Turn right at the roundabout and Loreto Park and Leicester's Clubhouse are located on the right hand side

Is Troy playing tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

What's the weather like for tommorrow. My rugby match got called off five minutes into it today. What a disaster.

• Advertisement

Aye there was even a fair few hockey games called off today.
    We jsut got ours in before the weather started up.

From the Met Eireann website:

"Very windy again tomorrow, with some severe gusts. Remaining very cold, with further heavy showers, mainly across the west and north, and a continuing risk of snow (mainly on mountains). Highest temperatures 3 to 7 degrees."

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Frisbee wrote: »
    Aye there was even a fair few hockey games called off today.
    We jsut got ours in before the weather started up.

From the Met Eireann website:

"Very windy again tomorrow, with some severe gusts. Remaining very cold, with further heavy showers, mainly across the west and north, and a continuing risk of snow (mainly on mountains). Highest temperatures 3 to 7 degrees."

:(

Should we call this off?

Should we call this off?

No.

No.

Agreed.
    It may affect you Poker forum types who will resort to route 1 football.
    But us soccer type's like to keep it on the ground... :pac:

Agreed.
    It may affect you Poker forum types who will resort to route 1 football.
    But us soccer type's like to keep it on the ground... :pac:

well considering you are a girly boy who plays hockey make sure you wrap up warm sissy boy:D

well considering you are a girly boy who plays hockey make sure you wrap up warm sissy boy:D

Have you ever seen a game of Division 1 hockey?
    Nothing girly about it...

Proof Hockey is a girls sport:

Soccer
    > Women's Soccer

Rugby
    > Women's Rugby

Boxing
    > Women's Boxing

Hockey
    > Men's Hockey.

Incontrovertible really.

Have you ever seen a game of Division 1 hockey?
    Nothing girly about it...

nah not into wimmins sports really

I don't get what your getting at there.
    It's not referred to as Men's hockey, just hockey..

• Advertisement

One of my mates plays Hockey for UCD firsts, formerly Corninthians, I have been told this is a high level?

And Girly is not an adjective I would associate with it. At all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement