Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Resoloutions

Options
  • 31-12-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

What are your new years resoloutions??

My is to study for LC, that's it really!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Study more! Bring it on leavin cert. Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

lol, me neither. I gave up having them when I was.. like, idk, 12 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i just wana have somewhere to live for more than 12months by the time 2009 is through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Study properly for the LC and look after the ole bod and general health a bit more efficiently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

1080i

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

Do what everyone says i should,devote half the time i spend goofing off to studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

1. No drinking until Graduation (Unless one friend in particular has an 18th/18ths in general, but to be avoided if I can)
    2. Study More
    3. Cut some crap out of my diet/Lose a bit of weight/Get somewhat fit
    I'll think of more before the day is out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I never make New Year's Resolutions.

I have, however, set myself a target of getting fit for a duathlon early next month.

Only problem is, my bike was stolen sometime in the past 48 hours :(

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm going to start taking college seriously and stop being horrible to the menfolk in my life.

(One of those is a joke. But they'd be equally ridiculous for me :p )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I'm going to start taking college seriously and stop being horrible to the menfolk in my life.

(One of those is a joke. But they'd be equally ridiculous for me :p )

I can bear witness to that! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

hmmm, well lemme see now...

[whoa, spell checker doesn't like 'hmmm' but lemme is fine... weird...]

I'd actually rather not change too much this year... except maybe...

waste less time on random **** cos i've got enough cool things i should be doing
    bag a sweet internship for the summer cos i really don't want to have to try and find a normal job...
    get 120 catches in five ball
    stop over-analysing and ask people out when and if it occurs to me.

ok, so i lied, a healthy amount of change hoped for there... oh, and the diet could probably do with improvement too but i hardly imagine that one's going to change...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Hmmm...
    I'm going to try going to the gym more often, study more & drink less.
    Which is quite a lot.... so I probably will fail ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm thinking I'll start actually devoting myself to things, to get into a better routine than going to college and lazing around in my spare time. At the very least I want to have a sport/some form of exercise I participate in every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Drink more, study for the Leaving and get my full driving license.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'll start actually devoting myself to things, to get into a better routine than going to college and lazing around in my spare time. At the very least I want to have a sport/some form of exercise I participate in every week.

Schols? ;P

I'm giving up drink.

Yeah, I intend to get into a study routine for schols too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Which should remove any spare time for anything else from your life for the next 3 months. ;)

Academic masochism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

*grumbles about total lack of academic recognition in DCU and stumps off*

feckin winners...

=P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Mhhh.......I used to love saying 'oh Im going to get fit,take college seriously,study,drink less,go on a diet' as a New Year's Resolution.....blahblahblah.......I never actually follow through on ANY of these,so my New Years Resolution this week is stop kidding myself,and relax :cool:

• Advertisement

obl wrote: »
    Which should remove any spare time for anything else from your life for the next 3 months. ;)

Academic masochism.
    pfft. They said the exact same thing about getting high points in the LC. Deciding you need to devote the next 3 months entirely to study is a bad mindset to start with IMHO. By believing that schols are so incredibly difficult and by referring to them as academic masochism, all you're doing is buying into the hype, lessening your self confidence, and ultimately lowering your chances of doing well.

Judge their difficulty on past papers, not hype. You're much better off studying while thinking "I'm doing this so that I can do well in these exams" as opposed to "This is likely futile, since these exams are impossible".

Stop being such a mess.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    pfft. They said the exact same thing about getting high points in the LC. Deciding you need to devote the next 3 months entirely to study is a bad mindset to start with IMHO. By believing that schols are so incredibly difficult and by referring to them as academic masochism, all you're doing is buying into the hype, lessening your self confidence, and ultimately lowering your chances of doing well.

Judge their difficulty on past papers, not hype. You're much better off studying while thinking "I'm doing this so that I can do well in these exams" as opposed to "This is likely futile, since these exams are impossible".

I disagree with the ideas of grind schools but I feel if I had gone to one, i would have got Pharmacy first choice.At the moment, I am heading for first class honours in Chem but heading for Pharm and if I had repeated the LC would have saved 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Drink more, study for the Leaving and get my full driving license.:cool:

Yeah driving license... didn't think of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Had said I'd quit drinking, but it's been what, a week now and I'm bored of that already. Atm all I have is an intention to treat people better in general rather than any specific resolution, they never work out

I disagree with the ideas of grind schools but I feel if I had gone to one, i would have got Pharmacy first choice.At the moment, I am heading for first class honours in Chem but heading for Pharm and if I had repeated the LC would have saved 2 years.
    Or if you had worked as hard as you're working for that first in Chemistry now for your Leaving Cert and with a positive attitude.

To a point you can say I did very well in my LC without devoting my entire 6th year to study because I'm naturally strong academically. But at the same time there's a lot to be said for relaxing, not buying into the hype, not stressing because everyone else is and realising that all you need to do well (in anything academic (although the principle behind this applies to almost everything) really) is to sit down, work out what you need to study and don't doubt your ability to do it.

Advertisement