Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a pack of sims from o2?!??!

• 31-12-2008 7:19pm

I got a pack of 3 simcards from o2 just before christmas. The sims have 3G written on them. I was going to dump them. Did anybody else get these? I don't know whether to keep them or not....I don't know why they sent them out to me because as far as I can tell using one of the new sims would change my mobile number? Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are they new SIM packs with new numbers on them? Are you an existing customer? If yes to both then O2 are probably just trying to tempt you to have friends etc sign up. They give away free sims at www.freesims.ie also. Someone may also have filled in your details here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What do the packs say? Do they have different numbers on the packs? Did you or someone else order them from o2 and forget by any chance?

Yes to both. Thanks for the reply. I can quite happily get rid of them so. Cheers!

edit: Yes the 3 sims all have different numbers on them. I definitely didn't order them. I think someone from o2 rang up and said they were sending them out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Yes to both. Thanks for the reply. I can quite happily get rid of them so. Cheers!

edit: Yes the 3 sims all have different numbers on them. I definitely didn't order them. I think someone from o2 rang up and said they were sending them out

Keep them dude. When you run out of credit, they each have 50cent credit on them. :)

o2 were giving them out to their customers randomly and to anyone who filled in their details on the link that Random gave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you have to use them before the end of the month or something right ?
    i ordered 2 of them at one stage and it was written on them you have like 10 days to activate them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You generally have 90 days to activate a sim from the day it is processed and sent by o2 staff. Otherwise the card is put into 'automatic ageing'

Advertisement