Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Forum vs. Poker Forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

mayordenis wrote: »
    The match is on sunday, what action were you expecting? training camps? Sleep-overs? We don't need it. now GTFO

A tactics session since thats all you soccer forum lads are good for, telling players where they should be as opposed to where they have played all their career's, no doubt you'd end up at nani vs babel in yet another pointless arguement about something that is irrelevant and that'll probably happen before kick off so i shudder to think what is said duringt he game when we're playing you's off the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So a couple of us are meeting up at the Spire at 2. Anyone wanna join?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Dub13 wrote: »
    Have we sorted out anybody to take a few Pics..?

I'll bring a camera and take some pics when i'm not playing definately I'm going to see if I can rope my brother in - but he's not a big fan of the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

The match is on sunday, what action were you expecting? training camps? Sleep-overs? We don't need it. now GTFO

Its inevitable that your team will end up split apart by another ridiculous United v Pool argument, thus, leaving us poker "layabouts" to score freely and happily.

All talk. No action.

Typical of the soccer forum. Lazy, inept, opinionated bastards. ( I realise the irony of this statement. )

tbh, I think we can get a clean sheet on sunday, I havent even seen any of you guys play but judging by your little ghey ideas (calling each other famous players names!!) none of you really know what your doing.

tbh, I think we can get a clean sheet on sunday, I havent even seen any of you guys play but judging by your little ghey ideas (calling each other famous players names!!) none of you really know what your doing.

On the names thing, I want to know who is going to be Ronaldo so i can kick him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its inevitable that your team will end up split apart by another ridiculous United v Pool argument, thus, leaving us poker "layabouts" to score freely and happily.

All talk. No action.

Typical of the soccer forum. Lazy, inept, opinionated bastards. ( I realise the irony of this statement. )

Thats why we have a soccer mod playing CB....;)

I'm Dalglish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who will I be?

I think Collina.

Or Frisk.

Des wrote: »
    Frisk.

a more hands on approach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Des wrote: »
    Who will I be?

I think Collina.

Or Frisk.

Or him......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

a more hands on approach

webquest-soccer-red-card.jpg

I'm gonna be Adams :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Galvasean wrote: »
    So a couple of us are meeting up at the Spire at 2. Anyone wanna join?

I'll see you there!

I play poker two so I am well aware of the 'difference's' the poker forum has.I can see a split between the cash players and the tournament donkeys,the cash players will give out that the rake is two much and the tournament donkeys will split with some saying the STT is much better.They will then fight and have a punch up over who plays the most STTs a day and who has the best rake back deal.

Thats before the IPoker lads start slagging of the Party/Stars lads about which site is the softest.

I play poker two so I am well aware of the 'difference's' the poker forum has.I can see a split between the cash players and the tournament donkeys,the cash players will give out that the rake is two much and the tournament donkeys will split with some saying the STT is much better.They will then fight and have a punch up over who plays the most STTs a day and who has the best rake back deal.

Thats before the IPoker lads start slagging of the Party/Stars lads about which site is the softest.

Just had a little laugh when I realised that most of the soccer lads must be reading this wondering what the **** you are talking about.

WP sir.

Doesnt change the fact we are better footballers than the "soccer" forum though does it. I suspect you lot of donkeys will be hoofing the ball out of defence, aiming for touch and playing the "percentages" game. Typical of the talentless bunch of couch potato, soap box loving hermits that inhabit this forum.

Anyway, If Zidane and Gourcoff did the needful, I would play like the resultant love child. You guys, and your love for all things Zizou is just gonna cause wonder and amazement and while you all watch jaws open, drool dropping, I will nip in with the killer pass/shot and we'll score.

UL lads, its a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Anyway, If Zidane and Gourcoff did the needful, I would play like the resultant love child. You guys, and your love for all things Zizou is just gonna cause wonder and amazement and while you all watch jaws open, drool dropping, I will nip in with the killer pass/shot and we'll score.

You play in the super league right? Standard must have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up since I left UCD

You play in the super league right? Standard must have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up since I left UCD

No he just belongs to Jesus so money wasn't a factor for him to move to a bigger club. A man of principle some might say

nice hand sir

I'll see you there!

Excellent. Thats 3. I shall be wearing a blue ski-jacket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Typical of the soccer forum. Lazy, inept, opinionated bastards.

I hope your not a typical example of the poker forum cause ye seem to talk a fair amount of ****e. This is what you lads call "bluffing" ye

If this match is anything but handy id be shocked

colly10 wrote: »
    I hope your not a typical example of the poker forum cause ye seem to talk a fair amount of ****e. This is what you lads call "bluffing" ye

If this match is anything but handy id be shocked

my man

We, the soccer forum, are a bit like Arsenal. Have the makings of a good team, but struggle against inferior opposition.
    Hence the Poker forum may standa chance.

Galvasean wrote: »
    We, the soccer forum, are a bit like Arsenal. Have the makings of a good team, but struggle against inferior opposition.
    Hence the Poker forum may standa chance.

Arsenal of the 80's more like it, a bunch of boozed up argumentative fat lads

My match on saturday just got called off - playing two games would have been ambitious!!

Has anybody checked the weather..?

Misty with temperatures between 1 and 4!

My match on saturday just got called off - playing two games would have been ambitious!!

Don't play for Brighton FC by any chance? My match against them just got cancelled too. Be fresh as a daisy come Sunday afternoon.

Trippie wrote: »
    Arsenal of the 80's more like it,

"One nil, to the Soccer Forum...
    One nil..."

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Stupid work.
    Making me miss all the smack talk...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Stupid work.
    Making me miss all the smack talk...

I get all my smack talking done while in work,
    Multi tasking that's why I'm VICE CAPTAIN BITCH.

Oh you're not playing the first part of the game right?

I get all my smack talking done while in work,
    Multi tasking that's why I'm VICE CAPTAIN BITCH.

Oh you're not playing the first part of the game right?

Yeah unfortunately my evil overlords have realised I don't need the internet to sell alcohol...

Nope I'm on the bench for the first period. So you'll be starting as captain... :eek:

Yeah unfortunately my evil overlords have realised I don't need the internet to sell alcohol...

Nope I'm on the bench for the first period. So you'll be starting as captain... :eek:

get f*cking in there take it f*cking out c*nts

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:eek:

Err, I mean.. :cool:

Still think you're all a bunch of wasters.

• Advertisement

Still think you're all a bunch of wasters.

Your probably dead right :P

Your probably dead right :P

Go have your shower you skinned-knee sweatball.

Poker forum have this in the bag.

Go have your shower you skinned-knee sweatball.

I'm a little afraid to. Gotta wait for the water to heat up anyways

I'm a little afraid to. Gotta wait for the water to heat up anyways

Typical soccer forum type. Afraid of water on a little scratch.

Typical soccer forum type. Afraid of water on a little scratch.

It's not a scratch.... It's a graze!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I cant wait to see their poker faces when we destroy them tomorrow

(Yes I just opened up a wildfiire of card playing puns)

Baby.gif

ffs.

Purchase some Testicle Seeds and grow a pair eh?

ffs.

Purchase some Testicle Seeds and grow a pair eh?

Duly noted.

Ok I pulled through with minimal crying..

I hope the weather improves for this time tomorrow.

I hope the weather improves for this time tomorrow.

Aye, played in this last Sunday and it was horrible.
    We'll need to be 3-0 up by half time if we have the wind first half :pac:

Aye, played in this last Sunday and it was horrible.
    We'll need to be 3-0 up by half time if we have the wind first half :pac:

This weather sucks the big one. Really really hope it clears up. If it's still raining Laura will you cry off with your well known fear of water?

This weather sucks the big one. Really really hope it clears up. If it's still raining Laura will you cry off with your well known fear of water?

I will not.
    It would be a worry that I'll get PM's about sudden 'injuries'...

there's no fear of this being called is there?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement