Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Forum vs. Poker Forum

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dub13 wrote: »
    A better idea would be to have a thread with everybody sending in a pic/mug shoot,that way we get to know each others faces and give the ladies a bit of a treat.;)

Good idea that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dub13 wrote: »
    A better idea would be to have a thread with everybody sending in a pic/mug shoot,that way we get to know each others faces and give the ladies a bit of a treat.;)

*Ads us all to a Football Manager face pack*

Galvasean wrote: »
    *Ads us all to a Football Manager face pack*

Just put my face on a certain Mister C. Vela's body and I'll be happy

I was also thinking how about we set up a private group and use it for tactics/formations etc?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just put my face on a certain Mister C. Vela's body and I'll be happy

But then it would look like he went sunbathing while wearing a ski mask...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Awh, the dilemma of everybody looking irish when playing a game of football with strangers :pac::pac:. If I played I doubt anybody would have trouble remembering the ole screen name... :pac:

But then it would look like he went sunbathing while wearing a ski mask...

Ok well I'll go get tan done then draw on a Pires style beard :D
    eZe^ wrote: »
    Awh, the dilemma of everybody looking irish when playing a game of football with strangers :pac::pac:. If I played I doubt anybody would have trouble remembering the ole screen name... :pac:

Are you chinese? :pac:

I was also thinking how about we set up a private group and use it for tactics/formations etc?

Join Me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Aww boooo - half the fun was reading you guys post match analysis!

Aww boooo - half the fun was reading you guys post match analysis!

We'll still do that here.
    The group is for our super secret tactics for the next match :pac:

• Advertisement

Are you chinese? :pac:

Yes Laura, I'm of Chinese race... :pac::pac::pac:

Yes Laura, I'm of Chinese race... :pac::pac::pac:

"Quiet Ping Pong"

"My name's Craig"

"Quiet Ping Pong"

"My name's Craig"

Ah, casual racism:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What are we gonna learn from yesterday if nobody is going to come out and honestly say what all the problems were? We are all grown men and if you cant take some honest criticism then you have to ask yourself why you put yourself forward for the game.

This isnt directed at dfx by the way or anyone else, just using the example of Frisbee's comments and the reaction to it.

Not wanting to drag this out any longer, but...from my perspective it's because I think the honest criticism was wrongly concentrated. Honest criticism is good, but wrong honest criticism not so good..

The dilemma with being associated with the best footballing team in the world.. ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Forgot it was you in goals dfx, was sure I recognised you from somewhere and assumed you were a Bohs fan.

Ah, casual racism:D

Hahahah, Ping Pong is pretty genius really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

dfx- wrote: »
    2 at the far post, 2 at the near post, 1 through the legs and the fifth goal was past me before I knew it. I've no problem with accepting my part in the defeat to a point.

Now that I can post here I actually want to defend dfx:

I rate myself as a good finisher and I got through on your keeper 3 times (albeit all at an angle) in the game. The first time I tried putting my foot through it and he saved it. The second time I tried placing it wide of him and he saved it was his left foot as I came in from left to right. The third time I got through I aimed specifically for his legs - he's a big man/keeper and I thought he might have a problem getting down/closing his legs quickly (he had a wide stance).

Soccer forum dfx kept you in the game in the first period. It should have been 4 to 6 nil.
    We absolutely peppered the guy with shots - if you're going to blame vatigue etc for bad touches surely the same applies to a very active keeper. I personally only think he should have done better for 2 goals. Steves one that he pushed onto the post and in, and the last one we scored. On another day he might have saved a few more, yes. But they would have been good saves, rather than expected ones.

Anyways thanks for the game guys, and as the lads said this was by far the strongest team we've had so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

bohsman wrote: »
    Forgot it was you in goals dfx, was sure I recognised you from somewhere and assumed you were a Bohs fan.

Have we unearthed the culprit playing in the bohs jersey? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Indeed. Sick I didnt get on the scoresheet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

bohsman wrote: »
    Indeed. Sick I didnt get on the scoresheet now.

In fairness though Oscar i have yet to see two people more disinterested in playing up front as we were the first 5 minute we came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I know that we lost badly but its the taking part that counts. and for a team that didnt know each other at the start we did play well for a bit, and it was enjoyable apart form the weather and level of fitness alltough i am a lot fitter then last year i know it didnt show but havent played footie in ages

villains77 wrote: »
    I know that we lost badly but its the taking part that counts. and for a team that didnt know each other at the start we did play well for a bit, and it was enjoyable apart form the weather and level of fitness alltough i am a lot fitter then last year i know it didnt show but havent played footie in ages

Who were you mate?

number 12

number 12

Eh....what position?

LM

LM

Ah, ok. Just trying to put faces to names and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Locked at Frisbee's request. He wants to avoid confusion with the thread for the next game.

Over to you mate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement