Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst roads in Waterford

• 31-12-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all just wondering where you think is the worst road in Wateford?

My vote is Kilcohan where the rugby club and oh the halting site!

That entire road from the business park down to waterford crystal is a joke, never in my entire life seen such a bad and dangerous road!

And its on a national driving test route, great way to start one of the most important tests of your life! plus theres two new housing estates gone up and the traffic has increased so much plus theres a business park there its unreal!

I rang the city council but hung up after i was passed from billly to bob to jimmy to jack!

Shall be complaining again after the holidays, i pay car tax for two cars and the road out there is forcing me into the garage more often!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Couple of spots come to mind,
    Agree completely regarding the road between the crystal and the driving centre, are tthe council too jumpy to work down there or whats the problem?
    The road to Cheekpoint especially around the bridge at Jack Meades is very dodgy.

Also the stretch of the Wateford-Tramore Road that prior to resurfaceing was perfectly good, but now has been destroyed with rough poor quality chippings and even though its at least 4months since it was done,traffic cones have now been placed down the median and hard shoulder.
    What were they thinking:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Yeah that road is crap there in Tramore and the chippings!!!

Bet those cones will be left there and maybe one or two will be tossed in the field beside it!

But imagine starting your driving lesson on that crap road out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

couple of years ago i decided to drive down to waterford on my motorcycle and take "the copper coast " tourist route along the coast through "bunmahon?", anyway great sceenery but a nightmare of a road, bad bends and millions of chippings do not mix, anyway i was so pissed off when i got to clonmel i went intothe toursit office, put on my best dutch accent ( i'm half dutch) and complained, they were slightly amused at first but then i said that i had intended to bring 100 hundred fellow dutch bikers aound ireland the following month and i was basically scouting for places to stay/ see etc. They rang the council and got through to the head guy in charge of the roads. Following week the route was resurfaced properly and a hotel on the route had a sign outside saying bikers were welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol very nice sick puppy, maybe we all need to think of ways to work the system to get things done :P .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

haha theres no rugby club in kilcohan ya muppet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

haha theres no rugby club in kilcohan ya muppet
    don't the dogs lineout on a sat night?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭JMcL

All things considered, especially the reckless waste of taxpayers money, the Tramore road since its "resurfacing" gets my vote. "Value for money" (the Tramore engineers excuse when I eventually got him on the phone) my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Value for money" (the Tramore engineers excuse when I eventually got him on the phone) my arse.

How could that engineer say it was value for mony case when there was nothing wrong with the original surface:rolleyes:
    Seriously though, I wonder will An Bord Snip find that Tramore has a surplus of engineers at the moment. Are these guys trying to re-invent the wheel....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Tramore road gets my vote. I was scratching my head trying to think of where the newly found rugby club appeared in Kilcohan. :pac:

kensutz wrote: »
    Tramore road gets my vote. I was scratching my head trying to think of where the newly found rugby club appeared in Kilcohan. :pac:

Wow what a bunch of smart arses!

I have heard the road from 6 cross roads business park past the new estate carraig an aird down to the traffic lights at Waterford Crystal being called Kilcohan! I have heard the Halting site being called the Kilcohan Halting site and theres a Rugby Club on that road too!

So if i made a mistake correct the name of the road for me and dont be such a smart arse!!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tramore Road followed very closely by Kilbary Road.

Really what they could have done is kept the Tramore road is it was, put the money into resurfacing onto the Kilbary Road. Sure the road would still be ****e but it would be an improvement and the Tramore road wouldn't be a pain to drive on any more.

Multivan: Its Kilbary Road which is the road of the ORR by Six Cross Roads business area, going down by the Rugby Club and travellers arriving on the main Cork Road outside Waterford Crystal.

Thanks sully

The Kilbarry road!!!

Thats the one!!

To the other lads
    Kilbarry Kilcohan

Way out there wasnt I :eek: Theyre both places I wouldnt like to walk through well ive tried and could due to horses box's and poo!:D

Advertisement