Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is staying in tonight???

Options
  • 31-12-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 year old daughter and unfortunately I couldn't find anyone stupid enough to babysit! So it would seem I'm in tonight with a crate of Heineken. Anyone going to be here later so I'm not a total loner? :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

HF LOLOLOL.

Don't let her drink too much. Half each yeah?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Me and 'er indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'll be round :)

Happy New Year to all the boards members :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm staying in because i have Leffe Blonde and Faustino 1 Red and Amarone and couldn't be arsed trying to find standing room in a packed pub or fighting for a taxi home in the freezing cold in Galway.:rolleyes:

Happy New Year All.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

HF LOLOLOL.

Don't let her drink too much. Half each yeah?

Lol she is a light weight so it will be 2 for her and the rest for me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Growing late, have to decide wether or not to go to a horrible nightclub down the road.

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Unfortunately i have a 2 year old daughter and couldn't find anyone stupid enough to babysit! So it would seem I'm in tonight with a crate of Heineken. Anyone going to be here later so I'm not a total loner? :o

I'm sure the unfortunate comment refers to lack of a babysitter and that you're delighted with having your 2 year old daughter.:)...............

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I am staying in tonight. I never go out on New Year's Eve. To be honest, I don't see the point. I prefer just to stay in and watch t.v. I don't get all the hype of New Year's to be honest - tomorrow's just another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Just leave her logged into the boards - we will keep her company.

galwayrush wrote: »
    I'm sure the unfortunate comment refers to lack of a babysitter and that you're delighted with having your 2 year old daughter.:)...............

Of course. I wouldn't give her back for all the partying in the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Unfortunately i have a 2 year old daughter and couldn't find anyone stupid enough to babysit! So it would seem I'm in tonight with a crate of Heineken. Anyone going to be here later so I'm not a total loner? :o

What a horrible way to begin a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Staying in, have 3 cans of cider and a bottle of wine with the oh. The thoughts of having to put on going out clothes and dolling myself up...seems like a lot of effort.
    Ah well, I hope Tubridy's show is good :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm in tonight. Work tomorrow. Went a bit OTT last night with a few friends, got in at 10 this morning. Woops.

Happy New Year all

Peared wrote: »
    What a horrible way to begin a sentence.

Now fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 glasgowghirl

I'm in tonight too due to lack of babysitters. :mad:
    Although I don't get the fuss about New Year either, other than it being a great excuse to snog loads of people at the bells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cant be arsed waiting for non existant taxis to arrive ( as well as the re turn journey ) .Could have paid £10 into some overcrowded pub but it's was minus 7 outside a few hrs ago .So unless I change my mind and follow the udders over to friends/family house's, am staying put in the warm with the beers .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im here
    all my friends abandoned me so boards is my new years entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hai.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I never go out on New years anymore...load of me hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The last time I went out on New Years Eve was when I was 17.

Tis just another day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 boxplayer1973

At home with bottles of champagne hoping that the knob in the apartment below me turns down his Xbox!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Another one sitting in with a bottle of wine and Chocolat on the box :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

latchyco wrote: »
    Cant be arsed waiting for non existant taxis to arrive ( as well as the re turn journey ) .Could have paid £10 into some overcrowded pub but it's was minus 7 outside a few hrs ago .So unless I change my mind and follow the udders over to friends/family house's, am staying put in the warm with the beers .:)

Well I'm in good company so .
    l'll be staying in , and having a little whine wine and maybe even a brandy to bring in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I'm too sick to go out tonight. Or do anything. What a ****e new years

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

l'll be staying in , and having a little whine wine and maybe even a brandy to bring in the new year.

Some cheese to go with your whine wine? :p

I believe Bar code in Clontarf where looking for €30 a ticket tonight and you got sweet fanny Adams for that. I could imagine that place come 12 not being able to move and standing at the bar for a good 20 minutes waiting for a pint and then the taxi! Actually I'm kinda glad I'm not going out now. I have my gorgeous daughter to thank for that. :)

I believe Bar code in Clontarf where looking for €30 a ticket tonight and you got sweet fanny Adams for that. I could imagine that place come 12 not being able to move and standing at the bar for a good 20 minutes waiting for a pint and then the taxi! Actually I'm kinda glad I'm not going out now. I have my gorgeous daughter to thank for that. :)

Agree, inflated prices with feck all in return. Packed places, overdrunk people , waiting ages for a taxi in the freezing cold. Going out tonight is a load of bollocks.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I knew I made the right decision .:)

I have carlsberg , stella ,jd /coke and some other forgien beer all waiting to be devoured ...choices ..choices ..choices .......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have a 2 year old daughter and unfortunately I couldn't find anyone stupid enough to babysit! So it would seem I'm in tonight with a crate of Heineken. Anyone going to be here later so I'm not a total loner? :o

Same here except a teething baby. So I may be using the create of beer to put my feet up on. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭adagio

Hey. In alone tonight and I'm thinking about my ex (split up 3 months ago). I miss her something serious. Btw, this is not a feel sorry for myself thread. I am soo looking forward to 2009 - rock climbing/windsurfing/marathon/charity work/Cycling in the French Alps/travelling in Scandinavia/secure Job/starting to study again and maybe a little loving - and I am mindful of the suffering and hurt that other are feeling in various parts of our planet (Zimbabwe/Middle East... etc) on this New Years eve.
    But knowing all of the above does not ease the emptyness left behind by my Lover and for a multitude of reasons I feel it particularly this night.
    But hey, rock on 2009 and I am aware that the greatest gift I will ever possess is my youth, so No feeling sorry for myself and much love to all sitting alone tonight.;):):D

Advertisement