Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is staying in tonight???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

In as usual. Exams starting soon so trying to look over stuff while getting distracted by this. Anyways it just another night as previous posters have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

You should feel sorry for yourself. She must have left you for a reason, and ringing in the new year alone is one of the most pathetic things I can think of.

Sorry dude, better luck next year...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I've never gone out on a New Years Eve and dont intend to start now.

I've got 2 kids also, mam would've taken them overnight as she has my sisters 2 kids, but i am a bit superstitious/sentimental about new years eve, I like to start the year as i mean to go on and in my case thats with my kids.

Although i also have plenty of heineken so thats me happy as a pig in ****e.

Wont be on here though, OH doesnt get the whole boards thing so gonna have to talk to him instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Trinity1 wrote: »
    OH doesnt get the whole boards thing so gonna have to talk to him instead :P

Tell me about it mine is the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I'm home from work, my feet are humming :D, shower, glass of wine, feet up, peaceful house = Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

im goin to a gaff party the only way to ring in the new year! dont get all the hype or the expense of it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭adagio

Hey Varkov, your powers of perception are amazing and how insightful your comments are! I suggest that you hold on to that bitterness as I imagine in time it may well be all your left with. Happy New Year.:pac:

'You should feel sorry for yourself. She must have left you for a reason, and ringing in the new year alone is one of the most pathetic things I can think of'
    ........ blah, blah...etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

themadchef wrote: »
    I'm home from work, my feet are humming :D, shower, glass of wine, feet up, peaceful house = Heaven
    Never to be underestimated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

adagio wrote: »
    Hey. In alone tonight and I'm thinking about my ex (split up 3 months ago). I miss her something serious. Btw, this is not a feel sorry for myself thread. I am soo looking forward to 2009 - rock climbing/windsurfing/marathon/charity work/Cycling in the French Alps/travelling in Scandinavia/secure Job/starting to study again and maybe a little loving - and I am mindful of the suffering and hurt that other are feeling in various parts of our planet (Zimbabwe/Middle East... etc) on this New Years eve.
    But knowing all of the above does not ease the emptyness left behind by my Lover and for a multitude of reasons I feel it particularly this night.
    But hey, rock on 2009 and I am aware that the greatest gift I will ever possess is my youth, so No feeling sorry for myself and much love to all sitting alone tonight.;):):D

Ah bless :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Work in the morning. I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Some cheese to go with your whine wine? :p

A nice bloke block :D of Ploughmans Cheddar, ftw.
    latchyco wrote: »
    I knew I made the right decision .:)

I have carlsberg , stella ,jd /coke and some other forgien beer all waiting to be devoured ...choices ..choices ..choices .......;)

Let's see , I have wine , tia marie , baileys and g+t.
    Oh , and the brandy ( to keep out the cold , while standing at the door to listen to the bells ring in the new year.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Varkov wrote: »
    You should feel sorry for yourself. She must have left you for a reason, and ringing in the new year alone is one of the most pathetic things I can think of.

Sorry dude, better luck next year...:(

wow im also single and ringing in the new year alone

id better go cry my eyes out because my life is so pathetic:rolleyes:

Lol I read that first as riding in the new year alone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

boooo... no one about tonight... all off around the country with there girl friends... basterds...

so i am also a sad basterd i thought i wasent.. :(

Im a sad panda :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

How you doing ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I have a viral infection, so I will be having a hot whiskey later (can't keep warm:()

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Saibh wrote: »
    I have a viral infection, so I will be having a hot whiskey later (can't keep warm:()

oh thats a good excuse ! ive a viral infection too ! :( i need a hot whiskey :(

anto-t wrote: »
    How you doing ;);)

Take that kinda stuff to pm. You will make others jealous. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hate going out on New Years eve. So much more fun to be had at home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Take that kinda stuff to pm. You will make others jealous. :P

esp the guy with the Viral Infection.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Me and my wife are staying home too :(

Would have gone to central london but decided against it as its too cold <-3> out here.I am not very upbeat about the new year as I know 2009 is going to be a painful year Economically.My heart and mind are bearish on new year.

havd a nice nandos meal in home and just chilling.

No drinking as we gave up drinking since last year.

will be watching the fireworks on TV :(

*I live in London.

galwayrush wrote: »
    esp the guy with the Viral Infection.:D

Maybe that's how he got the infection in the first place. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

I'm also staying in and not a loner.
    Just friends who i was supposed to be going out in Kilkenny with tonight bailed after all their talk about going out there. My friends really annoy me at times, they are the most unadventourus people, never want to travel, never want to go for a night out somewhere different . Grrrrrr :mad:.
    As our local town is hopeless and dead on new years eve i am not even bothered to waste my money by going out.
    Doesnt mean im depressed/loner/sado/freak etc...
    Just means i don't want to spend it in a crappy nightclub with no atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I presume you are talking about the other poster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Social intercourse via the net.:p

Saibh wrote: »
    I presume you are talking about the other poster ;)

Of course i never slag off the sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

the old girl and i are home alone (thankfully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im in tonight to.....

lost my job had 60 left in my acount choice between food for the next week or drinking it i chose food....

doesnt bother me, I know its not all my fault, plus my bro and his bord are in to so it aint that bad....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

God I have such a craving for hot whiskeys now. Why didn't I just get a bottle today.

\sobs

Advertisement