Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is staying in tonight???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Very nice version of My Girl it was too! Shame about feckin Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris performing after him, hate that song with a passion. Switched to RTE1 for a bit, saw Brendan O' Connnor and George Hook. Switched back.
    It was gorgeous wasn't it! I'm no longer ticked off about being in tonight!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BravoSierra

Nothing wrong with celebrating it alone. We're a sentimental breed and yet we reserve our fondest sentiments to the last evening of year. Sounds like a game of emotional chicken to me.

Imagine if we lived every evening like it was New Years Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Was supposed to be spending it with my dad but he got into a bit of a humour and told us to go home :( Now I am worried about him but what can I do? He is under a lot of pressure looking after my invalid mother. Not a good start to the year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BravoSierra

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Was supposed to be spending it with my dad but he got into a bit of a humour and told us to go home :( Now I am worried about him but what can I do? He is under a lot of pressure looking after my invalid mother. Not a good start to the year...

I mean this in a good altruistic way. Focus on making yourself better rather than how he chooses to make others better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

It'll blow over Cathy.....NYE does that to people....he's probably wrecked and just wasn't in the mood.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Everybody gets very paranoid at New Year. Dont think about it too much. He probably just wants to be with his own thoughts. I have had this before with somebody also.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭willbur

not going any where , just me and irish coffey, listening to golden oldie station on broadband , happy new year everbody, i think were going to need it, regards willbur

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Happy new year all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Maybe , he wanted you to enjoy NYE , Cathy.;)

He said a lot of really hurtful stuff though about not wanting to see us again, really upset, have never seen him so angry before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Wait for the excess posts now to see who gets first post of 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Happy new year!

Edit: Damn leap second!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Happy new year!

Not the time yet, just incase tho happy new year!

Edit: omg i might have done it

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Not the time yet, just incase tho happy new year!

Edit: omg i might have done it

Congrats!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Happy new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Happy New Year guys!! Cheers! Slainte! etc..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

happy new year la la la la la la la

beertons wrote: »
    Congrats!:D
    Thanks,

Proof....

Happy New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year
    Happy New Year, I'm sure things be better :) - Don't worry about it. People feel down this time but it be all over tomorrow

So how many is there on boards at the mo?

beertons wrote: »
    So how many is there on boards at the mo?
    @ Homepage
    Currently active users: 1287 (286 registered, 1001 guests)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Can't be arsed going out to be trampled on in an overcrowded pub. So I'm staying home by the fire, TV on, laptop in my lap and a nice cold beer by my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Happy New Year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

HNY Everybody ............................................!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I stayed in tonight, lovely fire, 'jamas, and nice munchies. All on my ownio and having a lovely relaxing evening.

Imagine my horror when all of a sudden at midnight shots started going off outside my front door

I thought the recession had come to get me!

Turns out it's New year's eve and it's a tradition for drunken farmers to shoot the old year dead.

But what if they missed and got the new year by mistake?

i's scurred:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Silver33

HI all... wished earlier I could go out.... but a little hassle re. 13 year old playing up! Sat in instead... have sat in last 4 years... I do recall when I used to go out how I regretted it.... I have now 100 euro approx still in my starving bank account!!! I watched Meet the Fockers.. cheered me up.. Having wine now.. brandy needed soon. But to be honest I hate new years eve.. I wanted to be out to distract myself from the hum drum crap that is due again in 2009! Alas... I didn't even ring it in! But to all = Happy new year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Hey Cathy I feel really sad for you right now. Like everyone else is saying Christmas and New Years is a really difficult time for people who don't feel like celebrating....Ur dad is probably angry with life right now.....and it's always those nearest to us (ie family) that we hurt the most cos we know they'll bounce back....dont get too upset about it.it was just a moment in time and it wont last. Happy New Year!

Advertisement