Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Bravia 32" €350* New years day only at Tesco

• 31-12-2008 9:52pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

* includes 30% back in vouchers for electricals.

Was in Tesco today and there was a leaflet that states on New Years Day only they'll be selling a 32" Bravia for €499 with 30% back in Clubcard vouchers.

This is an absolutely amazing deal - a Sony 32" for €350, in the republic?
    Don't think you'll get better than that.

note: only selected Tesco stores are open New Years Day.
    In Cork it's Mahon Point, there's 15 open nationwide.

Be there early!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

My bad.

I must actually check properly before i post.

then again I think this particular Sony offer deserves it's own thread.

You were talking a grand for a Sony 32" this time last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Amazing deal alright. There seems to be two tvs in question though. Some stores seem o have the 32L4000 whereas others have the 32U4000. The 32U4000 is far superior technically, it has to be said.

BTW, Wilton is also open tomorrow, fellow Corkonians:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Op, Where did you hear that it's 30% back in vouchers? Everyone else seems to think it's 30% off at the till..
    Im thinking of heading down in the morning but only if it's 30% off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I'll be looking afterwards to find out who actually got these and who found the staff had salted the offers away again.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

TBH I'm not sure if it's vouchers or money back, but if it's vouchers what's the difference?

You're going to spending money on groceries anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

More likely to be able to buy one as the staff won't get the vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Its not vouchers. It is discount. 30% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Did anyone get this offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Hi

Yeah I got it this morning in Clarehall. Saw 5 or 6 walking out with them while I was there. Not sure how many they had. Ended up being €314 not €350!

Most people were buying the 42" LG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

Niamh86,
    Out of interest what was the model number being sold in the end ?
    Was it the 'U' or the 'L' ?

Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

Its the U4000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

Nice one !!

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

No Sony's left in Dundrum at 10.15am
    I was very disapointed but after making an effort of getting up early and driving out to Dundrum i decided to take a gamble and buy the Samsung Wide LCD 32(last one) Was 599 Paid 419

Can anyone confirm if i got a good deal as there were plenty of cheaper Goodman's Telly's on offer but i went for a better brand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

Anyone know the opening hours for New Years Day?
    Are the 24hr stores closing early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

WONDER WHEN WILL TESCO RUN THEIR 50% back on the clubcard on all electricals (like St.Pats weekend in March 2008)?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

epo addict wrote: »
    No Sony's left in Dundrum at 10.15am
    I was very disapointed but after making an effort of getting up early and driving out to Dundrum i decided to take a gamble and buy the Samsung Wide LCD 32(last one) Was 599 Paid 419

Can anyone confirm if i got a good deal as there were plenty of cheaper Goodman's Telly's on offer but i went for a better brand

Goodmans are not very good.
    In my uneducated opinion I'd say you got a good deal-if you put up the model number I'd say some of the boardsies would let you know for sure. I think when you are paying more than €50 for an electrical item you are better off going for a reputable brandname

Advertisement