Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightmare!On dole first time!Husband leaving!Will Rent Allowance stop

• 31-12-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello there. I really would appreciate your advise if any of you have any to offer to me. Myself and my husband have found ourselves for the first time in the situation of neither of us having work and both of us as a joint application being in receipt of Rent Allowance & S.W.Allowance until our Jobseeker Allowance comes through in the next week or so. We have found it to be a nightmare trying to get all this sorted out let alone also trying to find a decent two bed house along with a landlord who would accept RA. We DID find a house and such a landlord & have moved in one month ago. Now here is the thing!.....we have decided to separate and divorce as we have been damaged too much and that sadly is that(a separate PAINFUL issue)My question is ; when he moves out(as he wants to do so) how do I go about working out the Jobseeker and the Rent allowance for me alone?Will the whole thing be messed up completely so soon after applying as a couple in the first place? Although I will have my daughter living with me she is a 20 yr old F/time student I'm worried that I will be categorised as a single applicant now and therefore NOT be eligible to rent & remain the little house I'm in as the rate of payment will probably lessen? I don't know. Will I go to the SW officer again and tell her the situation?-as only a few weeks ago we were a couple being judged whether or not to be eligible for this 'n' that. Since it is a joint app. it is my husband who is the main applicant and so he is the one who is collecting the money for us. I am terribly upset and am exhausted after having firstly returned to Dublin having been abroad, searching unsuccessfully for work when we arrived in Oct,running out of savings FAST, moving into a DUMP ..then OUT of the dump..staying with friends and family...finding this house & dealing with the intricate SW etc. Thankyou in advance .Please be kind.
    Dollymix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

You would be best sitting down and explaining your full situation to the local social welfare officer to get the best possible genuine advice on what to do and how things will go because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I agree with Ginger83, go see a SW officer and explain all this, they will advise you on your entitlements.

Alternativly contact these guys, government run body and they are excellent
    www.citizensinformationboard.ie
    All you do is ask, they've probably come across situations like yours before. Offices in most towns, you're in Dublin so you'll locate a branch

They have offices and there is a call centre number too.
    Well, not realy a call centre but an advice line

But first step, go see a SW officer. Your situation is painful and complicated so you need advice from someone who works in the system and can sort your claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dollymix

thankyou both very much for taking the time to read my long posting & for your replies. Much appreciated. I'll do that. All the best for the new year. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Same to you and the very best of luck with it! Remember not to worry and be honest with the SW officer, he/she is there to help

Advertisement