Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Guns

Options
  • 31-12-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

It might be a little late in trying.

How do I go about getting A license for a handgun?

Where do I buy one??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Use the search function on this forum, you'll find lots of helpful information.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Short version is:

Be a member of a club that shoots handguns.
    Apply for a license for a handgun which is usable in that club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭meathmannn

What do you require a pistol for?
    Professional use/sporting use. (That's the only 2 uses allowed)

I'm guessing it's not professional i.e. vet or culling.
    And if your into shooting sports, you'd be attending competitions, mixing with shooters etc. and you'd know the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

I am going trap shooting next weekend. Will see what that is like.

Going target shooting the following weekend. Will se what that is like too.

I know haw to get a rifle and shotgun licience and dont think there will be to much hastle getting a licience for either. I grew up with firearms in the house.

I dont know where or how to go about getting a hand gun or a licience for one.

I want one for the shooting challange and when I get good maybe a comp or two.

I have looked around the boards and cant find any info about getting one or a licience for one.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

donmaga1 wrote: »
    I have looked around the boards and cant find any info about getting one or a licience for one.

It's exactly the same process as getting a license for a rifle or shotgun except you're more likely to be refused and/or have more conditions placed on the license.

The process of application is identical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 paul4690

theres a shop in lucan , its a fishing and shooting shop. im sure someone there could point you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

donmaga1 wrote: »

So have I.

Here, here, here and here.

These are just the most recent ones, there's lots more.

In the current climate and never having held a firearms license, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, but you never know.

People who have had lots of experience, previous and current firearms certificates, have been refused. Others have got them with very little problems apart from the usual security requirements.

Advertisement