Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email from BT billing

Options
  • 01-01-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

LOL i aint a customer or never have been so its either a major mess up on there part or a scam.
    I just thought i'd let you guys know.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

do you have an iol email address ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

looks really well put together, surely a scam of course tho :)

could be a PHISH too ...of course !

if a PHISH then BT should get staff in and counter phish.

do you have mail headers OP ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Well the email comes from bt.com , and the message says it should come from btcomms.com... need I say more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

careful about clicking on the link, but does it link to a bt website, or some ip addie or something else dodgy

• Advertisement

either of these IP addresses ??

btcomms.com

bt.net

This domain is hosted by BT but the BTCOMMS collateral is within Telecity in London . Very ****ing odd :(

http://www.robtex.com/dns/btcomms.com.html

btcomms.com is a domain controlled by three nameservers at bt.net. All of them are on the same IP network. Incoming mail for btcomms.com is handled by one mailserver at btcomms.com themselves. btcomms.com has one IP record. www.btcomms.com and mail.btcomms.com point to the same IP. btvision.bt.com use this as a mailserver. bt.net, rfu.com, cbil.com, voca.com, bccbl.com and at least 100 other hosts share nameservers with this domain. btvision.bt.com share mailservers with this domain. www.btcomms.com, mail.btcomms.com, callapp.btcomms.com, uberelf.btcomms.com, conwayhelp.btcomms.com and at least two other hosts are subdomains to this hostname.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    do you have an iol email address ?
    Its a yahoo email.

The link does go to the what looks like the bt website.

This is where it sends me.
    http://diafaniaptol.gr/webscr/Login/true&siteArea/Btinternet=user/

Thats a Phish, best ask the admins to sticky over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Yeah i'll send Bt a mail tomorrow just in case the info is of some use to them.

• Advertisement

I mailed abuse@hetzner.de , they seem to host the phishing site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

game4it70 wrote: »
    Its a yahoo email.

The link does go to the what looks like the bt website.

This is where it sends me.
    http://diafaniaptol.gr/webscr/Login/true&siteArea/Btinternet=user/

Firefox is blocking that site as a Web Forgery so good to see it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Also, BT Ireland do not market as BT Total Broadband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

I'd say that BT have lost so many customers due to their throttling practice that they are just randomly e-mailing people in the hope that someone would send them some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Blindpew wrote: »
    I'd say that BT have lost so many customers due to their throttling practice that they are just randomly e-mailing people in the hope that someone would send them some money.

It has already been worked out that it is a phishing mail. Give BT a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Being a Bt Customer i have recieved a few emails similar to this for billing but they all quote your name on the emails not dear customer as seen on the Image. My thoughts are you should email Bt and then delete.

BT don't respond to emails in a timely manner so I mailed the hosting company instead ...on their behalf like :D

Give over on the throttling blindpew, it really only affects a couple of hogs here and there.

Their business DSL packages are ALL unlimited bar their new 1mbit package , fair play .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just received my latest "bill" from BT despite having cancelled my account a month ago.

Knowing their incompetence, I knew this was coming. This should be interesting.

Advertisement