Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-4.7C here still calm.

Anyone know why 3 or 4 stations are offline on irelandsweather.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Villain wrote: »
    -4.7C here still calm.

Anyone know why 3 or 4 stations are offline on irelandsweather.com?
    There not uploading to the IWN site or their host is acting the maggot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

-1.3C here atm and still falling away slowly

-2.1c and dropping, watch yourselves on the roads.

umm yep appears the hosting is gone down again, it was scheduled to go down at midnight, ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

-3.0c here at the moment. The ice will be thicker on the reservoir tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone notice the sky in Dublin today? Not a single cloud. Very unusual, and very beautiful. Perfect visibility too.

Heres my Averages so far this month:
    Updated January 7 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       Averages\Extremes for the month of January 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Average temperature     = 1.2°C
     Average humidity        = 80%
     Average dewpoint        = -2.0°C
     Average barometer       = 1028.0 hPa
     Average windspeed       = 0.9 mph
     Average gustspeed       = 2.8 mph
     Average direction       = 128° ( SE)
     Rainfall for month      = 0.0 mm
     Rainfall for year       = 0.0 mm
     Maximum rain per minute = 0.0 mm on day 07 at time 00:02
     Maximum temperature     = 7.3°C on day 03 at time 13:58
     Minimum temperature     = -7.8°C on day 06 at time 20:52
     Maximum humidity        = 94% on day 05 at time 11:34
     Minimum humidity        = 54% on day 03 at time 14:06
     Maximum pressure        = 1031.8 hPa on day 02 at time 10:59
     Minimum pressure        = 1021.6 hPa on day 05 at time 01:15
     Maximum windspeed       = 8.1 mph from 180°( S ) on day 02 at time 09:19
     Maximum gust speed      = 17.3 mph from 113°(ESE) on day 02 at time 09:32
     Maximum heat index      = 7.3°C on day 03 at time 13:58
     Frost days= 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Cloud has arrived and temp has risen above zero.
    +0.2C
    Dp -0.9C
    SW 7 mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

-2.1 here now. About a half degree colder than this time last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature: -2.4 °C
    Dew Point: -2.8 °C

Cold and cloudy. But no snow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

-3.3c ATM , Calm, Clear Skies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Just jumped from 1.7 to 2c. Thats at about 15m above ground level, however. Despite the relatively high temps, there has been frost visible on the tarmac since about 6pm so the ground really is frozen solid.

Clear, cold and frosty.
    -0.9C
    Wind Calm.

-1.2C now
    All other stations reporting above 0C except for
    Annamoe -0.7
    Dundalk -4.6

It has been subzero here since 1800

Snowbie wrote: »
    -1.2C now
    All other stations reporting above 0C except for
    Annamoe -0.7
    Dundalk -4.6

It has been subzero here since 1800
    Stalled at -1.5C

I get the impression that i'm talking to myself.:eek:
    Just because the rest of you are above 0C doesn't mean you don't have to post:D

My Ice continues:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowbie wrote: »
    Stalled at -1.5C

I get the impression that i'm talking to myself.:eek:
    Just because the rest of you are above 0C doesn't mean you don't have to post:D

0.0c here Snowbie, but that is so trivial compared to recent nights I didn't think it was worth talking about. :D

My hosting provider is a bit sick at the moment, so I can't see how low it is :mad:

0.0c here Snowbie, but that is so trivial compared to recent nights I didn't think it was worth talking about. :D
    Aha your ice melts, my ice grows :p

-1.2C :D

can't sleep:(

Can't sleep here either - Bad case of genetically inherited insomnia since the weekend - +0.8c here. so you're 2c warmer than me, and I'm normally the colder one!!! Moving back home to Baldoyle at the end of the month so out temps should be similar then, although in this case I'll be nearer the sea and at slightly lower elevation so I'll probably be warmer than you!!!

• Advertisement

2.1c here now. Funnily enough, just up the road and within site of my apt, it's about 5c lower than me at -3c!!! Casement is +3c. With such huge variations in temperatures over such short distances, you'd expect some sort of convection. I know humidity is very high and all that but I am less than 2km from the airport terminal building and yet temps are apparently about 5c different!!! Maybe me being 15m height above ground level is making a difference. As I mentioned earlier, the tarmac at ground level (obviously at ground level!) has been covered in frost since about 6pm so maybe there is an inversion going on with the very light winds......interesting....what do you think, Snowbie???

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

+1.3c here now (with cloud) after dropping to -2.4c overnight.

highdef wrote: »
    Can't sleep here either - Bad case of genetically inherited insomnia since the weekend - +0.8c here. so you're 2c warmer than me, and I'm normally the colder one!!! Moving back home to Baldoyle at the end of the month so out temps should be similar then, although in this case I'll be nearer the sea and at slightly lower elevation so I'll probably be warmer than you!!!
    I was 2C colder than you hd:)
    highdef wrote: »
    2.1c here now. Funnily enough, just up the road and within site of my apt, it's about 5c lower than me at -3c!!! Casement is +3c. With such huge variations in temperatures over such short distances, you'd expect some sort of convection. I know humidity is very high and all that but I am less than 2km from the airport terminal building and yet temps are apparently about 5c different!!! Maybe me being 15m height above ground level is making a difference. As I mentioned earlier, the tarmac at ground level (obviously at ground level!) has been covered in frost since about 6pm so maybe there is an inversion going on with the very light winds......interesting....what do you think, Snowbie???
    After a very sleepless night, i will do my best to answer. A S'ly wind blowing some maritime air over where you are i'd say. The AP was still experiencing radiating cooling so was i and it was dead calm here.
    The station in Howth was also getting high temps too last night due to the S'ly wind there blowing in from Dublin bay.

Meanwhile temp shooting up here 2.6C and cloudy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

2.9c now.....bye bye cold weather! :( Please come back soon!

We got drizzle here

4.4C

-0.7c here and very heavy frost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bah, drizzle, all visible frost gone :(, ground of course rock hard, assume the roads are totally lethal with drizzle on top of frozen tarmac - not a healthy mixture.
    Currently an academic 3.2°C.
    I wanted one last morning of lovely frost , boo!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

was just about to say that about the roads Snowbie. i was driving in this morning on backroads that have been fine the last few days. this morning is a different story, I was afriad to use the brakes at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very frosty. - 0.9C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mild (relatively speaking) overcast and damp on the ground.

Advertisement