Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

TS being reported for Shannon and recent TS in Valentia. Calmed alot here no rain. Lightining in Belmullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scall4life

Started snowing heavy here outside Tullamore bout 20 minutes ago. Sticking as well. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Starting to snow here in Trim now....bout time it came:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quiet and cold

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

3C, Heavy Snow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

snowing here in Ashbourne and sticking, Quite heavy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Listening to ATC in Dublin, they are de-icing the runway, due to snow. :eek:

Meanwhile in Ljubljana plenty of snow and a temp of -5c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Had a lightish snow shower here at about 10PM, temp 1.1C dp -0.1C at that time,1.7C and .07C now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Lightning now on both sides of Clew Bay, Co. Mayo, 5 minutes to Midnight between 17 and 18 January,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Light cover of snow on cars and grass, bit of slush on road. 0.8C.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Calm here at the moment, my phone line is fecked though . . . Im hearing lots of static and my Internet connection is dropping every minute.

sleety stuff here near Athlone at around 22:00 but now all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Calm here at the moment, my phone line is fecked though . . . Im hearing lots of static and my Internet connection is dropping every minute.
    That's exactly what mine is doing too!
    Calm and dry here but precip approaching from west. No thawing of snow (1 inch) thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i can hear rumbles of thunder now. we seem to be getting everything during this cold spell - from stormy conditions to thunder to snow. you really can't ask for much more as a weather enthusiast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

was driving in the heavyest snow in years in edenderry bout 2 hours ago.stuck well whole town covered with about 3inches of snow..happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 39 driveshaft

Hi all, I'm new to this section of boards. Was down in Galway at the car rally today. What can I say....bright sunshine, wind, horizontal rain, sleet, hail and some mega thunder and lightening. Great day to be outdoors!!

Back in Stillorgan now and the tarmac is bone dry! This weather is crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

savage amount of white flakes falling.it's like christmas.everywhere is white in east laois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Dry and windy in Galway city at the moment. Feckin freezin too. Wish I was at home in the snow, then I wouldn't mind the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Was snowing in Ballybofey and through the gap on my way to Donegal Town last night

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No snow! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Light cover of snow on cars and grass, bit of slush on road. 0.8C.

Most of last night's patchy stuff is still here but no fresh stuff- temp was between 0.7 and 1.7 overnight - currently 0.9 with a mostly clear sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

No snow here (well, the odd flake on the ground). Temp +1.5c. Hoping for some later!!

A

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

2.7c here atm. All the showers are just evaporating before the reach the east coast.

Just heading off the Craigavon now for the day - hope to encounter snow somewhere on route - camera on hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

snow flurries in Trim now, not sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DOCARCH wrote: »
    2.7c here atm. All the showers are just evaporating before the reach the east coast.

Just heading off the Craigavon now for the day - hope to encounter snow somewhere on route - camera on hand.

Tonight will hopefully be different with the organised band, although did you not get a light covering yesterday night?

Tonight will hopefully be different with the organised band, although did you not get a light covering yesterday night?

No - nothing - not even a flake in the wind! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clear and chilly in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Very heavy hailstones in Newcastle West at the moment.

Same about 3am this morning and it's still on the ground from then so this new shower is just adding to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ligth dusting of snow on the higher mountains in Sligo, nothing lower down.
    Currently fairly calm with broken cloud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Currently raining here! Doh

Im jinxed never to see snowfall!

Advertisement