Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - January 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snowing in Tullow Co. Carlow at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Proper big flakes now, its pretty wet snow only sticking to grass but a really nice sight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

.7c here and snow in mayo. hasnt really stuck. But was nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

0.9c here. I can see the line of snow arriving from the hills...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Can see snow on Dublin Mountains this morning - snow line approx. 600ft I guess.

2.1c here now.

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote: »
    0.9c here. I can see the line of snow arriving from the hills...
    It's currently snowing down here.
    started at about 845am.
    It's light at the moment but was heavier earlier.
    The flakes are quite big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yes, snowing in Cork on and off for the last 2hours.
    Sticking on hills aswell
    Here's hoping for more later:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Overcast. Some snow on the hills. 1.3C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light sleet and snow here atm @ 2.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Any updates from Port Co.Laois.

Commute up every day..No snow in Dublin but wondering what its like in Midlands

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

snowing here in Cork, Togher, although seems to be brightening now

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

North Kerry around Tralee is totally covered with snow. It wouldn't take much for it to thaw out but the back roads are very dangerous at the moment.

There's an overturned truck near kerry airport and a crane has overturned just outside Farranfore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Hi Guys,

I live on a bit of a hill near Dundalk and we have an outdoor thermometer sitting on the window ledge of the utility window.

The temperature has been -5C or less since 6pm yesterday evening. It hit a low of -8C at 8am this morning. I feel that the thermometer reads about 1 or 2C higher than the actual temp because of some heat loss through the window in the utility.

Just wondering if anyone else is suffering really cold weather atm?

We are still at -7C!

Strange thing is, it does not feel terribly cold. I think it's because there is no wind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

all of the earlier snow in limerick has now thawed and its brightening up, there are some clouds around but nothing like snow clouds

Your thermometer is broken. Its about 1c at the moment.

See http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp for latest temperatures around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Any updates from Port Co.Laois.

Commute up every day..No snow in Dublin but wondering what its like in Midlands

Drove down from Dublin to near Durrow this morning. Were a few heavyish sleet/snow showers on M7 near Port Laoise. Fields and roofs have a very thin snow cover, although it looks thicker on hills. Car thermo was 2 most of way on M7 dropped to 1 at AbbeyLeix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

all of the earlier snow in limerick has now thawed and its brightening up, there are some clouds around but nothing like snow clouds

Ya brightening up big time. But hopefully a few more showers will arrive

Moderate snow here. Trying to stick. +0.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

my thermometer read 1.3c at 8.30 today, just before i left for work, im just north of drogheda

-7c seems a bit extreme alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

demac wrote: »
    North Kerry around Tralee is totally covered with snow. It wouldn't take much for it to thaw out but the back roads are very dangerous at the moment.

There's an overturned truck near kerry airport and a crane has overturned just outside Farranfore.
    It’s hard to imagine being so low to the ground but a crane is the easiest vehicle to turn over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I heard it on Kerry Radio so didn't see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Overcast and not very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Currentm conditions as of 1045 - 19-1-2009

Heavy snowfall , upto 3 inch in places
    0.0c
    Calm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Heard that alright, tailbacks to Killarney appparently, wouldn't like to be stuck in it! :eek:

Had a 10 minute mini-blizzard about an hour ago - didn't stick but a fresh/additional cover to the Dublin Mountains with lower snow line now.

2.0c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

damp, cloudy, 2C
    very normal looking day here:(

Didn't snow very much here and anything that did fall has melted. There is snow on the mountains here. Snowline about 300M. 0.9c here ATM.

A

arctictree wrote: »
    Didn't snow very much here and anything that did fall has melted. There is snow on the mountains here. Snowline about 300M. 0.9c here ATM.

A
    Theres an exstensive cover now just above coolgreaney inland on the lower ground 3 miles from hereright across to Ballycoogue.Completely white.
    Croghan mt above that is like mount Blanc!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Rochfortbridge area, just started a few moments ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Oh please say it spreads down to the Tullamore area!!! i wanna make snowmen...:D

Advertisement