Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone network still down

• 01-01-2009 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Come on it's after half twelve! Surely all the texts have been sent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

God forgot about all that mayhem. No wonder my internet connection is gone to ****. Stop texting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Lol.

Turn off your phone and then turn it back on again. As for #2; Disconnect, and re-connect. The re-try sending texts again. Usually works for a few minutes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

It did go down . Back up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Network is bad and overloaded atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

barnicles wrote: »
    It did go down . Back up now.

Just about....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Noticed problems with web browsing for a while ... but no issues around the midnight mark really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

Slightly OT but I'm texting herself in Aus and since 11:40pm last night to now (a full day) she has not got one of my messages. :(

I know I know, I've since called her but it's bloody annoying thinking they have been received and they're pending.

Gotta love the people who text Happy New Year to everyone in their phonebook and jam up the networks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Velocitee wrote: »
    Slightly OT but I'm texting herself in Aus and since 11:40pm last night to now (a full day) she has not got one of my messages. :(

I know I know, I've since called her but it's bloody annoying thinking they have been received and they're pending.

Gotta love the people who text Happy New Year to everyone in their phonebook and jam up the networks :rolleyes:

Seemed to be a problem with texts for vodafone customers on New Years all right. Think all the other networks were ok though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

dubber wrote: »
    Seemed to be a problem with texts for vodafone customers on New Years all right. Think all the other networks were ok though.

Im on 3 and no problems sending or receiving texts over the new year. I also know people on o2 and meteor and they had no issues either. Seemed to be a vodafone only problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Walkman wrote: »
    Im on 3 and no problems sending or receiving texts over the new year. I also know people on o2 and meteor and they had no issues either. Seemed to be a vodafone only problem.

That seems to be the case. It's funny, if it had been a problem with 3 there would have been 100s of posts saying how sh*t they are ... vodafone have an outage on a night they know is going to be busy and no-one bats an eyelid :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 in fairness to them had a "Network Protection Plan" in place from 8.00pm on New Year's Eve until 1.30am New Year's morning to make sure the network could handle all the extra traffic

Advertisement