Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey to play leisureland

Options
  • 01-01-2009 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Probably the event I look forward to the most this year the genuis that is Steven Morrissey will play in leisureland 29th April 2009.

Ehhhh yaaayyahhhh - I love this guy it will be amazing. :):):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

who?

Gigs in leisure land are always sh*t anyway. No matter who plays that place can suck the soul out of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

He was the lead singer with the Smiths an excellant preformer - but it is a matter of taste.
    Havent been to a gig there in years - will eb at this though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I got my ticket already. He played in the Black Box around 5 years ago. The Smiths played in Leisureland in the early 80's.

He is such a brilliant performer. He just owns the stage.

Check out this live video of him....

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe3E28-g1o&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how much are tickets?

Tickets are around 50 quid I believe.
    Never knew he playe black box wasn't here though- probably one of my fav all time artists. Have threatened to see him live loads of times not a great big gig lover - am so oo very excited bout this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Tickets are around 50 quid I believe.
    Never knew he playe black box wasn't here though- probably one of my fav all time artists. Have threatened to see him live loads of times not a great big gig lover - am so oo very excited bout this!

I saw him in the black box, it was about 1999or 2000. There was a stage invasion at the end. There was some serious hard core fans at that gig.

Sounds interesting ws in Germany - how did he handle the invasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting ws in Germany - how did he handle the invasion?

With ease. Grown middle aged men were jumping up on stage and kissing him and them jumping back into the crowd.

I saw Morrissey in the National Stadium, Dublin (a dodgy boxing venue) in the early 90's. It turned into a mini riot with literally hundreds of people gettin onto the stage to embrace the great man, Morrissey. At one stage there were 20 to 25 people on the stage and I couldn't see Morrissey.

That venue was understaffed but they called in 'back up' who cleared the stage and the concert continued.

Unf*ckingbelieveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Morrisey is a turd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Morrisey is a turd

Booooooooo! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Sorry don't like Morriseey or The Smiths. I don't really like celebrities that talk politics, I get the trying to use their fame for good..but then do charity work or something, I don't want to get a lecture when I'm at a gig. so Booooo to Morrissey!

donmeister wrote: »
    Booooooooo! :mad::mad:

+1 should we lynch him/her or just leave it to obvious bad taste and devices?

ErnieBert wrote: »
    With ease. Grown middle aged men were jumping up on stage and kissing him and them jumping back into the crowd.

I saw Morrissey in the National Stadium, Dublin (a dodgy boxing venue) in the early 90's. It turned into a mini riot with literally hundreds of people gettin onto the stage to embrace the great man, Morrissey. At one stage there were 20 to 25 people on the stage and I couldn't see Morrissey.

That venue was understaffed but they called in 'back up' who cleared the stage and the concert continued.

Unf*ckingbelieveable.

Class - hes has got unbeleivable style and panache - TBH though I fear majority of his fans are now older which may make for a lacklustre atmosphere. Is he gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

who?

Gigs in leisure land are always sh*t anyway. No matter who plays that place can suck the soul out of anything.

im guessing u werent @ the chemical brothers circa 1994

rte/national orcestra are always good there too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

xdeletiax wrote: »
    im guessing u werent @ the chemical brothers circa 1994

i was at that, even though it was a dj set. it rocked

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

There are complimentary beef burgers on the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

xdeletiax wrote: »

Agreed. Although having their instrument cases littering the sides of the hall because there's nowhere else to put 'em make it feel soooo like a small town where the local school hall is the only concert venue in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I know I am leaving this a bit late but does anyone know if Morrissey in Leisureland is sold out? Went on ticketmaster and it doesn't say but can't buy tickets either...PLEASE tell me it is not sold out:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

detoxkid wrote: »
    I know I am leaving this a bit late but does anyone know if Morrissey in Leisureland is sold out? Went on ticketmaster and it doesn't say but can't buy tickets either...PLEASE tell me it is not sold out:eek:

I doubt he is sold out, checked for tickets a while back and they seemed to be available. Not sure if im going to go so if I dont I'l' put the ticket up on Adverts and give you a Pm to let you know its there. Im sure it wont be hard to get a ticket.
    Anyone heard if there is a support act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

was that the chemical brothers dj set where they stood up in the middle of the stage with **** all of a light show just playin there tracks and worst of all they were taking turns so when one played the other stood beside the decks drinking Budweiser ...if so then i agree with whoever said it lesiureland sucks the life outta of the artist with that said Morrisey shud be fine

• Advertisement

It's completely sold out, so that would be great, PM me if you are thinking about not going

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

detoxkid wrote: »
    It's completely sold out, so that would be great, PM me if you are thinking about not going

Is it defo sold out?First i heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

There were still tickets there a few weeks ago in Zhivago. Fifty squid for a gig in Leisureland is a bit pricey.

Thanks. Just got tickets there on ticketmaster, happydays. Checked in Ballina a few weeks back and they were all sold out so people must have returned some or something. Whatever happened it's all good, Morrissey live:D

Advertisement