Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisis Core PSP

Options
  • 01-01-2009 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

any good? would it be worth investing in? and is it just like FFVII?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If your a fan of the STORY of FFVII then Crisis Core is a wonderful addition to your collection. saying that, if your not a fan, there isn't a huge amount to entice you. As a Huge FFVII fan, i'm incredibly biased but you could d o alot worse than this game

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

i like final fantasys in general just VII just sticks with you my pick it up over the weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought it was a pretty dull game but if you are a big fan you will probably look past all it's faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I'm playing through it now, at this stage just for the story, and its a struggle to stay interested.

It is a beautiful game, the story fills in some interesting gaps, the battles are impressive, it should work, but I just cant enjoy it. Games like this will always suffer from high expectations, but even beyond that it feels bland. Whatever trickery gave the sense of a populated world in FFVII, crisis core feels empty. It is very linear, and most of the locations feel far too empty to be atmospheric.

Its just missing the sense of wonderment and exploration (like your first trip out of Midgar), which is probably true of any RPG any FFVII player picks up afterwards :)

In short, get it for the story if you must - it is nothing like FFVII, although the music does recapture some of the feeling of the original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

TGi666 wrote: »
    i like final fantasys in general just VII just sticks with you my pick it up over the weekend

I really enjoyed this game and I'll be the first to admit that I don't always finish them, but this I did! If I ha to say one bad thing about it, it would be that it was short!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I got it ages ago for 20 euro in HMV. I hav'nt really bothered playing it so it's hard to comment. The gameplay is'nt turn based which is annoying but it's still playable. Graphics and music are great. The voice acting is annoying and there's no option to turn it to it's original Japanese...why?

If your a FF fan it's worth it as you can still pick it up cheap.

Advertisement