Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009-clubs

Options
  • 01-01-2009 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Any ideas of clubs I could join, thinking along the lines of tag rugby or running or something in a group anyway? Not into spending a hell of a lot of money but would like to expand my social circle, keep up my fitness or even improve it and of course have a bit of a laugh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

happy new year Gaeilge,

Try photography etc etc, try NUIG they seem to have a good few clubs up there,what are hopin to gsin from these clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think I might go for the photography club at NUIG - haven't really bothered to take many pictures since moving to Ireland, which is a shame because I was really into it back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Boooooooooooooooooooooook Cluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub

Also our tag team is always on the lookout for more girls (work in software so you do the maths!) if you still haven't found a team by the summer drop me a pm gg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

single and likely to stay that way club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

DRakE wrote: »

Wow - what a charming person you are :rolleyes:

GG check out leisureland - there are some interesting classes that dont involve signing up - been meaning to back to yoga or start pilates this year. and I will ... oh yes will!

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote: »

I guess you're president, mod of "AlerT, Counter-Strike, Game Editing"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Xiney wrote: »

LOL ZING :pac:

lol good1 :rolleyes:

you might get e-laid if you keep coming to the defense of sad loners

Unless I'm missing something and you are insinuating that people on this thread are sad losers implys that you are indeed far more pathetic and a far bigger loser than anyone you were accusing and has lowered my opinion of mods. BTW if it is a private joke keep it that way.

However if I am wrong I completely retract the above and leave you on your merry way and apologize for the unwarranted rant

Kthanksbye :D

Darn it meant to quote Drake's post - am I totally off the mark? Its not the first time he has flung comments either - dont think it fitting or nice.

I wouldn't bet on my ever coming to your defense, Drake.

• Advertisement

good effort

d+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something and you are insinuating that people on this thread are sad loners implys that you are indeed far more pathetic and a far bigger loser than anyone you were accusing and has lowered my opinion of mods. BTW if it is a private joke keep it that way.

However if I am wrong I completely retract the above and leave you on your merry way and apologize for the unwarranted rant

Kthanksbye :D

WAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I mean sports clubs, as lovely and all as photography sounds I'm a real energiser bunny so burning up the energy is my aim! Regarding tag, when does that season start and finish? I'd love that!

What about spin classes or hot yoga the wipe out energy? I guess your looking for team player stuff! Join the book club - great bunch of folks and nice to do something differant.

Probably will join the book club too. And tag. Already mad into Hot Yoga, but might try pilates too!

Really I did it twice and was in a pool of sweat the 2nd time I puked as had been over in mates for a bottle of wine night before. Book club is great get opposrtinity to meet new really nice folk and read great books that wouldn't normally choose.

I do it twice a week. First few times are though alright but it works wonders until you become immune to it. I'm thinking once a week next year and some sort of team sport the other day I used to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lol. The only sad loser on this thread pwned...

I really don't get how anyone would see how having more hobbies is sad. Surely it only fulfills your life more!

lol :pac:
    I mean sports clubs, as lovely and all as photography sounds I'm a real energiser bunny so burning up the energy is my aim! Regarding tag, when does that season start and finish? I'd love that!

We start training in May, season starts in June (I think!)

• Advertisement

Is there another league that starts in Jan? Cos I'll be away for a lot of the Summer.

Is there another league that starts in Jan? Cos I'll be away for a lot of the Summer.

Dunno, I wouldn't have thought so though... it's frickin freezing out!

Ah it isn't that bad, in fairness once you're warmed up it's grand! Went running today, was lovely and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

There's spring league in Dangan, think it starts in March on Sunday afternoons, I think the organisers can put you in touch with teams looking for players closer to the season.

Never mind the cold - by the end of a match you'll be roasting and wishing it was colder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Would GAA be starting soon? Someone mentioned NUIG, there are plenty of sports clubs up there, they'll be starting back the week of the 12th I'd say.

What about a Kayacking club? I do see them on the canals quite a bit and a public club was setup last year (Galway Kayack club I think)

Also scuba diving - Galway Sub Aqua Club had their open day in November so you're a little late with regard to newbie training but you could catch up i'm sure

Anyone who reckons it's too cold for these sports - grow a pair! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

arent these nuig clubs strictly for NUIG students? Anybody here know of any racquetball clubs in galway city? really want to get back in to it.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What about a Kayacking club? I do see them on the canals quite a bit and a public club was setup last year (Galway Kayack club I think)

Also scuba diving - Galway Sub Aqua Club had their open day in November so you're a little late with regard to newbie training but you could catch up i'm sure

Anyone who reckons it's too cold for these sports - grow a pair! :pac:

There is a scuba diving club in Galway??

• Advertisement

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    There is a scuba diving club in Galway??

Yeah - http://www.gsac.ie/
    arent these nuig clubs strictly for NUIG students? Anybody here know of any racquetball clubs in galway city? really want to get back in to it.

They aren't NUIG clubs that I mentioned. Yes, NUIG do have kayack and sub aqua clubs which are for NUIG students only but there are seperate clubs open to the public, one of which I mentioned above. The link to the Kayak club is here: http://galwaykayakclub.com/

Hope this helps!

Advertisement