Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos for PS3 games...

• 01-01-2009 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

GTA IV - Zavvi €75, Game €60.... Argos, €29.99.

Fifa '09... Argos €34.99.

Can't believe I nearly gave Zavvi that much money the other day, no wonder they've gone ti*s up.

For PS3 games, Argos seems to be worth checking out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

Yea got nfs for E35 in argos was 40 in game and 60 in gamestop.

Never crossed my mind to check argos before will definatly check them again.

:):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

ever hear of internet shopping. There was a thread in games recently about fifa 09 for about 23 euro from game or some other british co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

sweetie wrote: »
    ever hear of internet shopping. There was a thread in games recently about fifa 09 for about 23 euro from game or some other british co.

Correct, Argos is charging €44 bucks for Fifa 09 for Xbox but you can get it from Gameplay for £19.99 Approx €23 delivered.

It's exactly the same price in Gameplay for the PS3 version.

Link:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Game Stop are getting really bad for prices. Was looking for a LEGO Wii game for my little cousin there for Christmas, priced it at €54.99 in Game Stop, €38.99 in HMV and something like €20 on play.com, before the sale. Pity I left it too near the day to take advantage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

sweetie wrote: »

I think the op was probably in a shopping centre and wanted the game asap...Good price in Argos for bricks and mortar store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Game Stop are getting really bad for prices. Was looking for a LEGO Wii game for my little cousin there for Christmas, priced it at €54.99 in Game Stop, €38.99 in HMV and something like €20 on play.com, before the sale. Pity I left it too near the day to take advantage :(

Gamestop's pricing has been awful for years now. Avoid like the plague IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

What annoys me about this is the difference between Argos.ie and Argos.co.uk :

Fifa 09 on PS3 - €39.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5689938/Trail/searchtext%3EFIFA.htm

Change the .ie to .co.uk and you get:

Fifa 09 on PS3 for £24.14.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5689938/Trail/searchtext%3EFIFA.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Gamestop's pricing has been awful for years now. Avoid like the plague IMO

Thing about gamestop that really boiled my blood was when I found a price difference for the same game of about 15euro between two gamestop stores that are less than five miles apart. I mean WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

kendragon wrote: »
    Thing about gamestop that really boiled my blood was when I found a price difference for the same game of about 15euro between two gamestop stores that are less than five miles apart. I mean WTF?

You think thats bad ? Two different Gamestop stores is one thing.

I found 4 copies of GH:WT for PS3 priced 50,60,70 and 80 Euro all on the one shelf :eek:

Advertisement