Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packaging

Options
  • 01-01-2009 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I had a new dishwasher delivered yesterday. I unpacked the dishwasher before the driver left. I asked him to take the packaging away, but he refused saying that he did not have enough room to take it.

Are suppliers of goods obliged to take packaging back from the consumer under law?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Once they are members of Repak they do not have to take back packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Trampas

Power City usually have a big cage inside the door which you can dump it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoinken

From memory Powercity are self compliant which means they have to take back the packaging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I presume when he said there's no room you reminded him of the large box that he has just removed from his truck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

preilly79 wrote: »
    I presume when he said there's no room you reminded him of the large box that he has just removed from his truck?

LMFAO...brilliant :D

Advertisement