Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killarney National Park

• 01-01-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Down in Killarney National Park last weekend with the BF. Went off the beaten track & climbed so far up the mountain nearly got a nose bleed...:D:D

This is just a tiny bit of what we saw. Beautiful Area for Photography.

~1~
    3148561048_672d9d4a0b.jpg

~2~
    3150425344_47595e1418.jpg

~3~
    3150425332_66cf7b6f37.jpg

~4~
    3149743181_0b37ef319e.jpg

~5~
    3150484818_341a987e03.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29172058@N07/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Nicly done! - looks cold too. Love No 4 just that bit different.

Just checked your flickr I like the shots of the mountains with more foreground showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Thanks ike

It was bitter cold & ended up Knee deep in Marsh land chasing red deer....
    It was so worth it....
    Dusk in the park....Breathtaking
    3150425338_45bb969d7b_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Ladies' View is nice spot for photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Some nice shots there. Well done. I would prefer no.1 if it was a bit brighter:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#4 is def interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lovely shots 1, 3 and 4 are excellent. Are they branches across the Deer?

The first one was taken in 'Oak Woods' in Derrycunihy inside the park, it was dense & dark & full of obstructions.They are branches, didn't get as close as l wanted. Took about 40-50 shots, but only saved a couple. Got these as he was leaving the woods. (late afternoon) After an hour of following him l had to let him go....:(

3156485250_585ff2f875.jpg

3155664555_19541e5961.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Its a beautiful spot alright. I drove down there on monday last for the day. Didn't do much with the camera as herself was with me and it gets annoying for her when I keep stopping to take a photo. Definitely a place I will visit again soon though. The pic below is from the Upper Lake.

3153558474_3708717d04_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

great shot-composition,light-lovely

That's a lovely image Ballyman.

l bought my Partner a secondhand D70 in perfect condition for Xmas, and solved the problem of him being fed up waiting for me to get my shots.
    He loves it and has put up his first set of pics on Flickr....

Have a peek :o
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33807709@N04/

Linda

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

l pearse wrote: »
    That's a lovely image Ballyman.

l bought my Partner a secondhand D70 in perfect condition for Xmas, and solved the problem of him being fed up waiting for me to get my shots.
    He loves it and has put up his first set of pics on Flickr....

Have a peek :o
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33807709@N04/

Linda

I'll have to try something similar!!

Nice start by him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Some very nice shots.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no.4 is is really nice, maybe lose the border tho... take away from the image imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

If your up that way again I would suggest turning left at the old copper roofed church on the way up to ladies view. That's the old Killarney to Kenmare road. You won't get far, but the two hills ahead of you are Peakeen and Cummenagross, teeming with wild Red and Sika Deer.

Great views over "The Waste" or "The Washet", wild deer in an unmanaged setting. The farmers who own those hills are sound, you could not meet nicer than the McCarthys! There is a very scenic lake and river closer to the Killarney side also!

One word of caution, do not try to drive in to Kenmare on that road, I've seen a Mercedes G-Wagon fail over that terrain. We did it once in a Toyota but only because Dennis McCarthy guided us over the bog holes! :D

Musashi, Are you a native to Kerry..?

l would go back in a second, only had 2 days & didn't even expect to get that close to a deer.

Made a note of the places you mentioned, Thanks, & may return again in the Summer.

Linda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Lovely shots Linda. I like # 1 and the ones of the deer leaving the woods. Also like the one of the sun across the road, time for a hot drink or 4! Good start by the BF. Like the flower. Hope he gets great enjoyment from it. Thats also a beautiful image from Ballyman. Hope to be there for a week in September 09. Beautiful

Advertisement