Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes fror a history of Irish small press comics

Options
  • 01-01-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Happy new year to all on the board!

Following on from Cliodhna's earlier thread about the history of Irish comics, I've started making notes for an article on the history of Irish small press comics on the wiki.

I've listed what I know for the 70s, 80s and 90s (haven't started the 2000s yet) in bullet point form, and hope to work it up into a proper article when I have more to go on. In the meantime, I'm appealing for input. If you know anything about Irish small press comics, particularly early ones, please post here or add it to the list on the wiki.

So far it's pretty northern-biased, me being a northerner and small press stuff having traditionally published locally. This comic strip by Davy Francis is the source for the earliest stuff:

shnic.jpg

Advertisement