Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bin Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I think they're pretty lax about enforcement as it would slow down the whole process of taking the bins if they had to open each one anc have a quick look inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Ste.phen wrote: »
    I think they're pretty lax about enforcement as it would slow down the whole process of taking the bins if they had to open each one anc have a quick look inside?

True, but sometimes the green bins are overflowing with general waste, and still get collected. I'm noticing the rubbish in them as I walk past!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Dear Greyhound,

I've phoned to get my new green bin today and was told I won't get one until a few of my neighbours move in (I'm in a new housing estate). Which I think will be another copule of months as the houses are being undervalued which is causing problems.
    I'm still trying to recycle and bring it to the local depot but would be recyclling a lot more if I had my bin!
    What can I do?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i noticed the green bins around the Deantown area of finglas havent been collected since thursday, there is load of rubbish blowing around the area, as bins have been left out since last thursday and in the wind and rain

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭aoife34

This has never happened to me, but i dont understand when someone has taken the time to go through all their waste and seperate it for the green bin, if they fill it up loads and the lid wont close, the bin men wont take it!!!

If you had a full green bin and it was not collected what would you do with the rest of the paper you gather over the next two weeks???? It would go in the grey bin, what a waste!

Hopefully this new service is a little more Lenient than previous collectors :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shadey

GreyhoundD22 - you should be careful about blaming Oxygen. Our bin was collected the last time it was due for collection by Oxygen and since Greyhound has taken over it has not been collected.

I got a flyer in the door from the residents association that showed an email trail from your people saying that it would be collected on 8th, then apologies for not collecting and that it would be collected on 9th, then more apologies and that they'd collect on 9th, nothing on 9th but assurances that it would be collected on 10th. Still nothing. And very poor phone service. If you tender for these kinds of things you cant scrimp on the call centre support. We had to take in our bin because the wind was blowing the lid off and littering everywhere. Now whenever they do the collection I know we'll miss it any we'll have another 2 weeks build up.

I just tried ringing the support line and have been holding for ages. I'm told now that it will be tomorrow. So I guess you have a fair idea of peoples opinions per your request at the start of this thread. And it is not all a hangover from Oxygen handover. You should take the blame where it is due.

shadey wrote: »
    GreyhoundD22 - you should be careful about blaming Oxygen. Our bin was collected the last time it was due for collection by Oxygen and since Greyhound has taken over it has not been collected.

I got a flyer in the door from the residents association that showed an email trail from your people saying that it would be collected on 8th, then apologies for not collecting and that it would be collected on 9th, then more apologies and that they'd collect on 9th, nothing on 9th but assurances that it would be collected on 10th. Still nothing. And very poor phone service. If you tender for these kinds of things you cant scrimp on the call centre support. We had to take in our bin because the wind was blowing the lid off and littering everywhere. Now whenever they do the collection I know we'll miss it any we'll have another 2 weeks build up.

I just tried ringing the support line and have been holding for ages. I'm told now that it will be tomorrow. So I guess you have a fair idea of peoples opinions per your request at the start of this thread. And it is not all a hangover from Oxygen handover. You should take the blame where it is due.

So another day passes and still not sign of a green bin collection. What a surprise. I wonder if greyhound are taking any responsibility for this or is it still oxygen's fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cuckoo wrote: »
    I'm a diligent green bin user - washing, folding and checking that i'm putting the right stuff in the bin
    I'm fussy myself and also see lots of my neighbour's bins with unsuitable items in them - especially glass bottles and plastic bags.

They should refuse to collect any bin with the incorrect material.
    - you should be careful about blaming Oxygen. Our bin was collected the last time it was due for collection by Oxygen and since Greyhound has taken over it has not been collected.
    I had an excellent service from Oxigen. The bin was collected every second Wednesday at 7.05am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GreyhoundD22

Folks, on behalf of Greyhound I sincerely apologise for missed collections over the first week of the service.

If anyone is commenting on this aspect of the service, please state their street so it can be checked out.

We cannot say anything about the previous operator nor the information that was supplied to Greyhound as part of the handover. Needless to say, we are endeavouring to resolve issues that have arisen over the last seven days due to missed collections.

To Shadey and AdmiraloftheFleet, once again we are sorry for the missed collections. Please let me know where you are based so I can follow this up.

Thanks, GreyhoundD22

Some people have asked if Greyhound Recycling will be as lax as Oxigen about contamination in the green bin. Over the coming weeks Greyhound Recycling will be auditing routes, contamination and bin contents to determine what the current situation is as regards good/bad bins. This was never done previously.

Once this audit has been completed and the results given to the local authorities, a course of action will be determined as to how to reduce contamination and make people aware if they're going wrong with their recycling practices.

GreyhoundD22

• Advertisement

Some people have asked if Greyhound Recycling will be as lax as Oxigen about contamination in the green bin. Over the coming weeks Greyhound Recycling will be auditing routes, contamination and bin contents to determine what the current situation is as regards good/bad bins. This was never done previously.

Once this audit has been completed and the results given to the local authorities, a course of action will be determined as to how to reduce contamination and make people aware if they're going wrong with their recycling practices.

GreyhoundD22

this is great but do you not think it might be better if you ACTUALLY collected the bins in the first place. Deanstown Ave area of Finglas still has been collected - which i think is nearly a week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doggone

Another scam no doubt. My green bin day normally follows the progression of my brothers, mother in laws and then mine. Before Christmas they ran the locations but stopped mine well in advance of the holidays. Then with the extra i wrapped and left ready for collection a few days ago. Different company and same old attitude. They refused to toss my extra caused by their failure to call into the lorry. I was tempted to gather up the furniture and fridges dumped around the estate and burn the lot but then i would only be an angry peasent and justify their profit. Green me arse it starts with a genuione sense of care and respect for the earth and humans follow including a neatly wrapped package. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Mine was due to be collected today, I'll see when I get home. :rolleyes:

Folks, on behalf of Greyhound I sincerely apologise for missed collections over the first week of the service.

If anyone is commenting on this aspect of the service, please state their street so it can be checked out.

We cannot say anything about the previous operator nor the information that was supplied to Greyhound as part of the handover. Needless to say, we are endeavouring to resolve issues that have arisen over the last seven days due to missed collections.

To Shadey and AdmiraloftheFleet, once again we are sorry for the missed collections. Please let me know where you are based so I can follow this up.

Thanks, GreyhoundD22

One small point, it is not the first week. It is now 14th January. I have been told each day from 8th that the bin would be collected the following day. Still nothing.

I dont want to post my street address online. And I dont want any preferential treatment due to complaining on the web. I want to see when it is going to be collected on the back of enquiring on the 1890 number.

Incidentally, I was on the phone earlier and was told once again that there is somone in the area and that if he does not get to us today then he'll definitely get to us tomorrow. I wont hold my breath though, this is not the first time I have been told this.

still no green bin collection from finglas

BRING BACK OXYIGEN, I SAY

still no green bin collection from finglas

BRING BACK OXYIGEN, I SAY

Hear hear. There is something seriously wrong with this new crowd. The girl on the phone mentioned something about all the crews not going out on Monday and Tuesday. Can they really be this bad? Something funny is going on if they are telling everyone the same story re tomorrow tomorrow all the time. Just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doggone

shadey wrote: »
    Hear hear. There is something seriously wrong with this new crowd. The girl on the phone mentioned something about all the crews not going out on Monday and Tuesday. Can they really be this bad? Something funny is going on if they are telling everyone the same story re tomorrow tomorrow all the time. Just not good enough.
    My green bin was refused becuase i filled it with all the tenders for government contracts which remained unopened. Some were mouldy but 1922 is such a long time gone. Everything was green including Hollywood Leprechauns way back then but now its black and white. Nobody cares about green anymore it was part of the good Friday gig. Soon as the 'New Boys' buy out the 'old boys' things will get back to normal when the 'New Boys' have the men and equipment necessary.:eek:

Greyhound22 - SatNav might be appropriate in some of your trucks for a while.

I was asked for directions tonight by one of your crew. It wasn't a problem and I was glad to help but it was a very dark, wet, wintery night and I had to direct these lads to a very rural headland area of Co Dublin which is a maze of narrow lanes and cul de sacs and only one way in and out

I'm reasonably familiar with the area but wouldn't fancy taking a truck there for the first time in very poor visibility and I'm also wondering, since it was the 14th of Jan - was it their first visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hey Greyhound22

Can you answer me a question please.

I live in Irishtown D4 and went online to check for a calendar, alas I couldnt find my adress as Irishtown, but could as Ringsend, Not a problem there.

The online calendar states our collections are on Tuesday's. Our old calendar that I got from Ogygen before Christmas stated our collection was fridays.

So I rang the lo-call number for clarification, the young girl on the phone tells me its still Fridays.

So can you confirm if its Tuesdays or Fridays please, and then maybe let the girl in the office know too.
    Either way something is wrong somewhere.

Thanks

Chef

What is your street address?

Thanks, GreyhoundD22

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Greyhound, while our street was collected following my phone call (thanks!), it seems other parts of the North Strand area were not. Bags and bits of their contents ended up all over the streets. In the end, staff from the local Dublin City Council collected them.

Will there be a calendar for future collections given to households? I can assure you a large proportion of the North Strand population do not have a computer, yet alone Internet access.

The square
    Irishtown
    D4

thanks

This is aimed at all the threads over the last few days, particularly for people who have not had a collection in January from Greyhound or who have had a collection, but cannot understand why the street around the corner was missed.

Greyhound is in the rollout phase for the Green Bin contract. I don't want to complain too much about the previous incumbent, as I realise they are not hear to defend themselves and we must stand over the current service.

However, Greyhound has been building routes since mid-December as a result of not receiving information which had been promised to the company. Additionally, due to December's non-collection issues which were highlighted by the media last week, much of our capacity has been going to clearing up this mess, which in turn has affected the regular route collections.

I also appreciate that people have found it difficult to get through to our customer service dept. Not only are they answering queries about existing collections, but they are also taking flak from missed collections in December.

Therefore, there are missed streets, customers are not getting information in a reasonable time frame, and there's no doubt frustration exists.

I can assure everyone that opening this thread on boards.ie is an indication of the company's intent to listen to its customers.

We are endeavouring to resolve problems as they arise and we are confident that within the next two weeks such issues will be resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

Faithfully, GreyhoundD22

so when are the bins on deanstown ave going to be collected.

the amount of rubbish around was horrendous but i see DCC were out yesterday and cleaned up

What is your street address?

Thanks, GreyhoundD22

Adress added comment 53
    Any confirmation please.
    thanks
    Chef

This is aimed at all the threads over the last few days, particularly for people who have not had a collection in January from Greyhound or who have had a collection, but cannot understand why the street around the corner was missed.

Greyhound is in the rollout phase for the Green Bin contract. I don't want to complain too much about the previous incumbent, as I realise they are not hear to defend themselves and we must stand over the current service.

However, Greyhound has been building routes since mid-December as a result of not receiving information which had been promised to the company. Additionally, due to December's non-collection issues which were highlighted by the media last week, much of our capacity has been going to clearing up this mess, which in turn has affected the regular route collections.

I also appreciate that people have found it difficult to get through to our customer service dept. Not only are they answering queries about existing collections, but they are also taking flak from missed collections in December.

Therefore, there are missed streets, customers are not getting information in a reasonable time frame, and there's no doubt frustration exists.

I can assure everyone that opening this thread on boards.ie is an indication of the company's intent to listen to its customers.

We are endeavouring to resolve problems as they arise and we are confident that within the next two weeks such issues will be resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

Faithfully, GreyhoundD22

Thanks for the update GreyhoundD22. I can appreciate that taking over from someone else and not having all the info you should have, or planned on having, can cause these teething problems. I hope you get things under control soon and that by February we will all be posting about how great the service is.

One point though, what is very frustrating is that we when we get through to the phone line we are told that the bin will be collected tomorrow. When this happens for 6 or 7 days in a row you start to lose credibility and people lose confidence. This is something that is entirely within your control so maybe it is something that you should try to resolve.

Quick update - just home, nother day, no sign of the greyhound ghost. I'll ring again tomorrow to be told that it'll be on Saturday or whenever. This is pathetic.

I'm fussy myself and also see lots of my neighbour's bins with unsuitable items in them - especially glass bottles and plastic bags
    I got an information leaflet in the door today and it appears that all plastic is now acceptable in the green bin. Previously it was only plastic bottles.

Can anyone confirm?

well, we have been able to put all plastics in our green bins for about a year now.

we got a leaflet through the door which listed everything and "plastics" was listed.

i remember because prior to this, i would head of to the recycyling centre with bins just filled with plastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I would always feel uncomfortable putting paper and plastic together. Didn't get that flyer but will still always bring my plastic to the recycling centre anyway.

Oh, and I almost thought, Greyhound doesn't exist or doesn't know about my place;) But they were just here. Everything will be fine;)

Advertisement