Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double eagle ump

Options
  • 01-01-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

i got the DE ump in Eirsoft last week! I brought it out to hrta but the battery ran out shortly after the first game! this confused me as i had charged it for at least 4 hours the night before!!

Does this effect anyone else or is it just me??

all comments are greatly appreciated

thanks,
    dara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Welcome to Airsoft !!
    would advise you PM vtec or call eirsoft in the morning

David

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Mine had the exact same problem when I got it. The gun only fired about 500bbs per charge with the stock battery. I bought a firefox 8.4v for it, which was slightly better, but still not great. I had to re-shim the gearbox and replaced the wiring and connectors to get acceptable battery life from it.
    After about 5 mags through mine, it started to double and triple feed on semi-auto. From my experience, I'd avoid this gun like the plague and buy the G&G one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

This gun is a great gun and I have never had any problems with mine!
    A friend of mine in the UK is now using it regularly without problems.
    The original battery isn't great quality.
    I use a good quality slow charger and charge it for about 8 hrs, but it won't last for a full days shoot.
    I removed the trapdoor out of the back of the UMP and fitted a 9.6v battery (firefox). It improves the rate of fire and lasts the full day, as long as you don't full auto all day long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Maybe I was unlucky with mine, but of the 6 AEGs I own, the UMP is the worst of the lot. I don't think the DE one is worth the risk, since it only costs a little bit more to get the far superior G&G one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, the one thats included is an un-branded piece of junk. Toss it out and get a firefox or intellect.

As above, if you remove the trapdoor(you can put it back in if you change your mind) then you can fit a 9.6V but it will be visable when you fold the stock. I've ran 9.6 in my version 1 with no problems but I've heard of it causing trouble with a V2(yours) but that might have been a once off lemon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Welcome to the world of Clone Batterys. :)

the only brand ive seen that comes with a reasonably good battery is JG, but with any clone the battery will be the first upgrade you do, a firefox or intelect battery will give you a much better battery life.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

thanks lads.

Advertisement