Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenic places for walking & cycling in Waterford

Options
  • 01-01-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few threads here about cycling and walking in forests and trails etc and I reckon we need a solid thread for passing around the info on the hidden or not so hidden spots in our county.

I propose that we start with the name of the place where theres a good scenic track, trail, or walk/cycling area.

Then, give directions to it from the city, and any other info that you know a person might need.

The aim would be that each post about a new area would have enough info that someone could get there, make the best of it, and come back to say.. woo isn't it smashin. Theres no point in saying for example.. the Comeraghs are great. Yes they are, but tell us where to park, or where to specifically start the walk, and some good directions to somewhere specific and back if necessary.

Specifics will be the key to getting this thread to work. It'll make these places easy to find, so the more info the better. Something like the way Coillte give info on their forests would be great.. eg Faithlegg Info except we could do it for all interesting little places.

With all the depressing talk of recessions, its easy to forget we've some glorious scenery and places to be in Waterford that cost 'nottin'.

Personally, I'd love to hear specific directions to some cycle trails that would take me through some forests, or just plain nice places.

I know some of the photography lads here have a great knowledge of the little spots and trails around the county.

SO!.. Any takers?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement