Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with play.com

Options
  • 01-01-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I ordered a dvd off play.com in November and it was listed on my account as out of stock . As it was to be a Christmas present I emailed them on the 28th asking them to cancel the order. Its now showing on my account as "packing"

I cant get through on the British helpline number and I rang another number someone gave me but that said "not in service"

So does anyone know a way I can contact play and cancel the order before they ship it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

0044 2890921724

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

thanks very much, all sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hope you get the full money refunded to your account. I ordered something a couple of weeks before Christmas, and they deducted the money before shipping it (which is unlike them), and then a week after ordering it appeared awaiting stock, and could not cancel online, due to the fact that funds had already been taken. The item was €32.49 or £22.99 - they refunded €22.99, the refunded in Euro, but to the Sterling amount. Rang them yesterday about it again (third phone call about it). At this point for me, has more to do with the principle, rather than the outstanding €9.50

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just to clear somethign up snowey, why did you email them to cancel? You can cancel orders in you account by ticking them and selectign cancel.:confused: Surely that would have put an end to it at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Stekelly wrote: »
    Just to clear somethign up snowey, why did you email them to cancel? You can cancel orders in you account by ticking them and selectign cancel.:confused: Surely that would have put an end to it at that stage?

for some reason , there was no cancel option on the order page. That was the first thing I went to do, as yes, it is an awful lot easier than emailing and phoning :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement