Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iven if you dont like oasis you might be able to help....

Options
  • 01-01-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

any one know why oasis mtv unplugged hasnt been released on cd/dvd?

or if it can be got,where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

marble wrote: »

Same reason why the likes of Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi and Aerosmiths ones were never officially released. The bands label were unable to buy the rights of it from MTV.

If someone has it on DVD, the chances are it was recorded from the TV airing. I know a compilation of Unplugged songs were released several years ago which featured Liam performing "Don't Look Back In Anger" (as Noel faked throat problems and sat on the top balcony jeering Liam for half of the performance). But that's the closest to an official release that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Same reason why the likes of Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi and Aerosmiths ones were never officially released. The bands label were unable to buy the rights of it from MTV.

If someone has it on DVD, the chances are it was recorded from the TV airing. I know a compilation of Unplugged songs were released several years ago which featured Liam performing "Don't Look Back In Anger" (as Noel faked throat problems and sat on the top balcony jeering Liam for half of the performance). But that's the closest to an official release that happened.

Was the other way round , Liam missed the show and Noel had to perform

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭marble

gustavo wrote: »
    Was the other way round , Liam missed the show and Noel had to perform

i know,just didnt have the heart to tell him seeing as he was pretty helpful:D

Crap, not being much of an Oasis fan, i often get the faces confused. Seen one unibrow, seen em all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

marble wrote: »

It can be got on ebay. Now the legality of that is another matter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Pirate copies have been on sale at market, record fairs etc. for years.
    Great show.

Yeah they're all bootlegs, they were never released officially.

Advertisement