Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking a meal in advance of serving

• 01-01-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

I'm going to be making a lamb rogan josh for some friends and was wondering if it's possible to make this in advance and re-heat? I don't really want to be making it when they arrive. If you're making it in advance do you cook it fully the first time? Or can you just brown off the meat and mix it all up with the veg and sauce etc and leave it sit until you're ready to cook it? Don't want to poison anyone!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's no problem cooking something like this in advance - it often tastes the better for it. If you cook it very early in the day, or the day before, be sure to put it in the fridge once it cools.
    I usually reheat this sort of thing in the oven, in a covered dish or covered in tinfoil, for around 30 minutes at 180C. You could reheat it in a pot over a low heat too. I'd cook the rice fresh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

always nicer cooked the day before, the flavours really intensify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

foodaholic wrote: »
    always nicer cooked the day before, the flavours really intensify
    +1, esp for your curry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Or you could do it in a slow cooker if you have one

Advertisement