Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Puff Pastry

Options
  • 01-01-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anybody know if anybody in Dublin sells frozen puff pastry that's made with butter? I don't like the usual ones you get in the supermarket as I find they have a very strong taste of margarine.
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

You could try a local Bakery! I use to buy mine from a bakery in maynooth a few years ago.. It was fresh and I froze it myself to use as needed

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

I wouldnt think too many bakeries make puff with butter....about 3 times the price of regular pastry marg and also far far more difficult to work with.

What do you make with the pastry?

You could ask your local bakery can he make it specially maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Jusroll do a butter puff pastry. It comes in a gold wrapper and costs a LOT more than the regular red-wrapper stuff.

I don't know where in Dublin you can find it but try Tescos - I've seen in the Newbridge branch.

Why don't you make it yourself? Used to do it myself all the time and still do whenever I need some - it's not that hard. PM me if you need a recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭scubasteve

The Organic Supermarket have frozen butter puff pastry.
    its in Blackrock btw

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gambit217

Hi,

Been trying to find all butter puff pastry around Dublin city centre with no luck for ages.

Anyone have any places that stock this?

Thanks,
    Anthony

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Gambit217, this thread is four years old so I'm closing it. Feel free to start a new one, but in the Dublin City forum since your question is area specific. You're more likely to get useful replies there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement