Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out in Oranmore last night?...

Options
  • 01-01-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

At 3am the place looked like the aftermath of a massive bomb explosion, scary sh*t!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Gotta love it! :rolleyes:

Actually, walking through the village today I had to constantly jump over streams of píss and prevent my dog from eating various puddles of puke along the main street. Horrendous sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Id blame the blow ins
    Oranmore was a grand village in the old days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I was out in Oranmore last night and must say it was the biggest crowd I ever saw on the street. Got the food in Supermacs and Taxi from the Office handy enough. Good Night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

LOL lightweights. Were people drinkin on the streets all night (unofficial street party?!) or just after the pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

just everybody filtering out of pubs and clubs at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

JohnCleary wrote: »
    LOL lightweights

You didn't have to witness a 300lb bird fall on her arse outside supermacs and let it all hang out...ugghhh...scared for life, i'm tellin ya

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    You didn't have to witness a 300lb bird fall on her arse outside supermacs and let it all hang out...ugghhh...scared for life, i'm tellin ya

AAHHH :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

id be traumatized after that :P

Not an uncommon sight in Oran.

I've seen more builder's cracks in my time than a proctologist doing the rounds on a construction site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Not an uncommon sight in Oran.

I've seen more builder's cracks in my time than a proctologist doing the rounds on a construction site.

I always knew you had a thing for builders...

O-sizzle sounds like a great oul place for the New Years celebrations.

• Advertisement

Average-Ro wrote: »
    O-sizzle sounds like a great oul place for the New Years celebrations.

If by great place you mean potential death scene by randy out of control bog dwellers... then yes. Yes, Oranmore is a lovely town with a very involved local public. Not shy to approaching you at 3 in the morning and giving you a friendly beating as they vomit their snackbox all over their mangy cross eyed girlfriend.

Wow... Rant and a half. It's late and I need bed. Darn you for provoking me though... you'll get your comeuppance <glare>

:pac:..... <- That's me eating tiny bitter pies made of pure malevolence with a grated topping of spite. Nom nom nom.

If by great place you mean potential death scene by randy out of control bog dwellers... then yes. Yes, Oranmore is a lovely town with a very involved local public. Not shy to approaching you at 3 in the morning and giving you a friendly beating as they vomit their schnackbox all over their mangy cross eyed girlfriend.

FYP :D

Anytime I have been in Oranmore,i sang "please don't stop the bus"

JohnCleary wrote: »
    FYP :D

Thank you... can't believe I missed that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

If by great place you mean potential death scene by randy out of control bog dwellers... then yes. Yes, Oranmore is a lovely town with a very involved local public. Not shy to approaching you at 3 in the morning and giving you a friendly beating as they vomit their snackbox all over their mangy cross eyed girlfriend.

Wow... Rant and a half. It's late and I need bed. Darn you for provoking me though... you'll get your comeuppance <glare>

:pac:..... <- That's me eating tiny bitter pies made of pure malevolence with a grated topping of spite. Nom nom nom.

That rant dererves an award. I'll buy you tea on Wednesday, how's that?

You get the same people floating around town at three in the morning and back where I come form too. Though I'm beginning to seriously think that they originally spawned from back my way....(my way being the depths of Conemarra in case anyone's interested...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Name me one civilised supermacs in all of Ireland at 3am on a busy drinking night .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

In all fairness, who would want to go out in oranmore? The state of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Name me one civilised supermacs in all of Ireland at 3am on a busy drinking night .
    The one on Inis Mór? :D

I'm no fan of Oranmore but have to laugh at the people shooting it down...It's the same in every urban town in Ireland on a saturday night. Just on this particualr night, I happened to be there and it was like the Gaza strip as I'd say Galway city was, Tuam, Loghrea, etc...even Salthill...well actually maybe not Salthill as no doubt Salthill was 'classy and quiet, very, very quiet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Man i wasnt out , but im sure it was the same as any other townor village in Ireland that night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I was a Dub at a friends New Years party somewhere between Corofin and Ballyglunin so I saw and heard nothing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

the person you speak of is someones daughter, grandaughter, sister, neice, friend, could even be your relative or someones future wife and mother.

would have respect for you if you helped her up, no matter what got her into that state, than publically try to riddicule her in the forum.

Just shows you were not brought up with any kind of compassion or respect or manners, so, who is the ignorant one now? the poor young girl in the gutter or the gobsh.t. who walked past her and didnt even try to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

ethernet wrote: »
    The one on Inis Mór? :D

you have got to be kidding, i have seen more fights an mayhem from islanders than any tourist could ever think off in that particular take a way over the years, it is a scrum for all, even when tourists are gone. infact it is a kind of coming of age ritual, no street cred least you start or partake of a ruck even if it only with your own shadow!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sungem

well said meadame!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sungem

sorry medeame - too much wine!!!!

Average-Ro wrote: »
    That rant dererves an award. I'll buy you tea on Wednesday, how's that?

I'll hold you to that! You know how I loves me tea...
    medeame wrote: »
    Just shows you were not brought up with any kind of compassion or respect or manners, so, who is the ignorant one now? the poor young girl in the gutter or the gobsh.t. who walked past her and didnt even try to help.

Ah get back onto your pedestal... It wasn't Bass Cadet's fault that she was in such a state. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame her. She was the one that got herself so hammered in the first place that she fell over. I'm not being holier-than-thou but why should anyone show respect towards that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

medeame wrote:
    would have respect for you if you helped her up, no matter what got her into that state, than publically try to riddicule her in the forum.

Here's an idea, why don't you stfu.

the person you speak of is someones daughter, grandaughter, sister, neice, friend, could even be your relative or someones future wife and mother.

ah for God sake :D Dry yer eyes...I bet you're a regular contributor on the Joe Duffy Show eh??...How exactly have I publically ridiculed her?? Have I given out her name?, have I said anything about her bar a poor estimate at her weight? Did I even know her? She was laughing at the time (completely locked out of her face and making a show of herself) and her friends were helping her to her feet so save your crocodile tears for someone who cares...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Personally, I have very little respect for people of whatever physical appearance who get themselves into such an alcoholic stupor as they can not maintain their dignity.

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    Personally, I have very little respect for people of whatever physical appearance who get themselves into such an alcoholic stupor as they can not maintain their dignity.

QFT

Advertisement