Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realex & ASP.NET...

Options
  • 01-01-2009 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've done a website in ASP.NET and I've a MS2005 SQL database running on the site that holds my products and pulls out price and availability, etc, based on a 3 layer drop down list.

I have my site set up so a customer can browse the site, add or remove stuff to/from a shopping basket and then can decide to buy and the order goes into another database table.

I've decided to go with www.realex.ie for handling on line payments, but I amn't using a pre-designed shopping cart package. I'm just wondering does anyone have experience of hooking up a website like mine above with realex software??? I see from looking at the realex website that they provide support for standard shopping cart solutions but obviously my own solution wouldn't fall into that category...

Rgds,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Check out their sample ASP code, and you should be able to work out the values that you need to send. I presume you are using their redirect method?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

They have plenty of documentation available for developers - best to talk to them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You'll only have access to their documentation if you've signed an NDA to access their developers area. As Blacknight said, best talk to them and they'll tell you what they have available.

It's just a matter of setting up page which can create, send and receive info back and forth from Realex really, but putting that into .net code could be a little more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Thanks folks, I have the NDA here and will be returning it to them next Monday and I'll see how I get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I've worked with them before to integrate a .Net website with their payment system, it's very straightforward to get it working. As far as I remember they have a few systems available, a redirection one which lets you send users to their payment pages, or else you can just do some xml messaging with them.

I was working with the handling of customers myself and exchange of details via XML with Realex, it was one of the simpler things to get working on that particular project. They provide very good support as well, or at least they did for the project and company I was working for.

They provide sample code for about 5 different languages as far as I remember, I think I found their Java sample code most useful to translate to C Sharp. Really, you are not doing anything more than building XML and using HttpWebRequest/Response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I implemented the redirect method with Realex. Amazingly, their API documentation didnt cover ASP.net, just classic ASP and Java. I still have the code which should give you a head start if you need it?

Advertisement