Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predict Wrestlemania

• 01-01-2009 5:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭

here is my attempt:

Herewegoagain made a good point in the ATH thread when he said
    "Smackdown have Main Evented Mania 4 out of the last 6 years..And have won the Rumble every time since the draft split thingy"

This is one reason why I could see the next rumble winner and thus Mania title contender being from Raw (another being that out of the two main events im going to suggest the other would be contain two wrestlers not in the rumble). The man I predict to win the Rumble for Raw is Randy Orton with the help of course of his Legacy members througout the match. Orton will not obviously abondon his group then and instead will stay on Raw where he will challenge the then champ and in doing so create the predictable (atleast since Batista got injured) Raw main event John Cena (c) vs Randy Orton

Meanwhile on SD Hardy/Edge is to take place at the RR. That match id predict could end in a contencious way leading to whoever loses (probably Hardy) feeling they were screwed/deserve a rematch, and one they earn via winning an elimination no.1 contender match at No Way Out. meaning that SD's main event is Jeff Hardy vs Edge (c)

Another match that now happens at every Wreslemania is the one where the Undertakers streak is put on the line and despite them having faced each other at a previous WM i would predict that this would be The Undertaker vs HHH. HHH or superhunter as some call him is the most high profile member of the SD roster not in the main event so should be put in a high profile match and therefore is also SD's most credible threat to Takers streak. These two have also been kept seperate due to the brand split for years therefore it will seem fresh and new despite having actually happened before, and sure most of WWE's fans wont be old enough to remember that it happened before anyway.

another match that simply has to happen at WM is HBK vs JBL with the culmination of the big angle about the recession etc that will ultimatley end a la stone cold/vinnie mac with HBK saying FU to his boss and kicking JBL's ass. this match is perfect for this years WM too as it takes places in texas and features a texan heel vs a texan face.

There then also has to be the annual Money in the bank ladder match which would contain all the really athletic (shelton benjamin) or high profile wrestlers not main eventing (Chris Jericho) and maybe a recent WWE return (Christian), plus a few more competitors like Morrison, CM Punk and The Miz . I would imagine this match including both IC and US champs (Regal to have lost it by then) because there would be too many matches if both defended their titles on the card too.

Because there are two womens titles now im not sure if there will be two womens matches at WM, maybe another bunny mania match or what id predict a interpromotional Womens champ vs Divas champ match where only bragging rights are on the line. knowing WWE this would probably be a Lumberjack match with all the SD & Raw Divas surrounding the ring so as to maximise the amount of T&A on view and get as many people as possible on Mania.

so thats six matches already and thats without the gimmick match that you can expect i.e Trump or Mayweather from the past 2 years, again i wouldent be surprised to see Big Show somehow involved here as I would expect him to be involved in mania in some form.

and finally then their would be a low profile match used to either go between two really big matches (the womens match will probably do this) or to open the show, and for this id expect a tag team title match which if they are not involved in the MITB match (which i think they will be) would be perfect for Morrison & Miz vs Rhodes/Dibiase imo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can't really argue against anything there, bar injuries and what not.

I'd say the women's match will be from Raw with Phoenix/Melina/crazy fan probably going to be dominating the first three months of the year unless they could coax Trish into a final short fling with the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Be interesting to see if Booker T will be in attendance. We will be in HOUSTON, TX after all. I would love to see a Stone Cold Steve Austin/Hollywood Hulk Hogan feud. It has been talked about before and would be a brilliant showcase for both performers and fans alike. A CM Punk heel turn would be cool and an interpromotional feud with the Undertaker would definitely work imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

DenMan wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if Booker T will be in attendance.

Considering he is working for the opposition I would highly doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Quote:
    "Smackdown have Main Evented Mania 4 out of the last 6 years..And have won the Rumble every time since the draft split thingy"

Incorrect as both Batista and last years Royal Rumble winner John Cena represented Raw at time of winning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Quote:

Incorrect as both Batista and last years Royal Rumble winner John Cena represented Raw at time of winning.

only just realised your right and didnt actually think about it just assumed he had his facts straight, still predict itl be as i said though but thats just my guess

• Advertisement

Pretty much agree with ur predictions of the mania card. There will most definetly be some Stone Cold Steve Austin involvment. I hope for a Wrestling match but I can envisage another Pipers Pit type segment most likely given that Austin will not lose,especially to Hogan. Great to see him stunning all the Hall of Fame enductees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I'll be sick if its JBL vs HBK, we all know HBK never disappoints but JBL doesn't deserve that match, he should never have gotten back in the ring he just isnt good enough in the ring and he never was, I dont want to see a 15 minute or less HBK match at Mania where he drags Bradshaw through it

JBL is a useless bully and can't work a lick even though he's a good heel and was a good commentator, he was in the opener last year for a reason, it was fairly good match but that's only because it was a gimmick match

Not a fan of JBL but think its loking fairly likely hes gonna fight HBK at mania. But I have every faith that Michaels can and will drag JBL through it. Once theres no crappy trash cans used as weapons, it could be ok. I hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Not a fan of JBL but think its loking fairly likely hes gonna fight HBK at mania. But I have every faith that Michaels can and will drag JBL through it. Once theres no crappy trash cans used as weapons, it could be ok. I hope..

JBL can't have a decent match without the crutch of weapons. I was really hoping HBK would superkick JBL this week on Raw and they can settle this at the Rumble but no such luck, I'd say they are going the WrestleMania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh dear do people seriously think that Super Hunter will not be in the title match:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Oh dear do people seriously think that Super Hunter will not be in the title match:eek::eek:
    infact i dont even think he will win in a non title match but then again im the only one to predict mania thus far, why how do you see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Inter promotional match is already blatantly obvious

McMahon -vs- McMahon
    Shane and Steph will be represented by wrestlers of their choosing and winner will get control of WWE.

infact i dont even think he will win in a non title match but then again im the only one to predict mania thus far, why how do you see it?
    Il give it a lash! :D

Raw MAIN EVENT
    Cena v Orton for sure, who else can Cena face?
    JBL - Done to death before and nobody would believe JBL has a chance of wining
    Y2J- Unless its triple threat, then no chance he will be facing Cena one on one again, I expect Y2J to get Cena at the rumble which will be the final match of the feud. John will win of course.
    Rey- He will be in MITB
    HBK- Maybe but I think they will do HBK v Taker
    Punk- Down the road maybe but he is still losing clean so he would need one hell of push for people to believe him as Mania main eventer
    Kane-No way in hell.
    Orton v Cena is a banker then and the SD main event will be two out of HHH, Jeff, and Edge. Il go for Edge v Hunter because Edge v Jeff is being done at the rumble and I just don’t expect Hunter not to be in the title match for Mania. It makes sense that he would face Edge because HHH v Jeff has being done to death.
    Taker wont be near the title scene, he will have big marquee match with HBK hopefully and there is zilch chances of the likes of Umaga, Show or Kozlov being in the main event for Mania, smaller PPV sure but certainly not Mania 25.
    So then the rest of the card……
    Taker v HBK I think will happen because I don’t see a bigger match for either I know some want HBK to face Morrison but him against Taker would be much bigger. It’s at Texas as well where both are from so you expect them to tear the place up. MITB will have the mid carders who can do the flips so I expect Kendrick, Bourne. Morrison, Miz, Shelton, Rey will be in it. Jeff facing Christian has being rumored, if Jeff is not part of the main event he needs a high profile match, a returning Christian who I expect will be Jeff’s attacker will be a high profile match for him. I agree totally with Bounty on the divas match so need to retype his post! Punk and Jericho are the interesting ones, both could be in the MITB but the event will need some high profile matches and those two going at it for the Intercontinental title would make sense. IL also take a total guess that MVP will face Kennedy or both will be in a match against some team. They have good chemistry so it would make sense and there is a chance with MVPS current storyline he could turn face. Khali will have a squash match against some mid card heel to keep his Indian audience happy. I don’t know who though.

Il give it a lash! :D

Raw MAIN EVENT
    Cena v Orton for sure, who else can Cena face?
    JBL - Done to death before and nobody would believe JBL has a chance of wining
    Y2J- Unless its triple threat, then no chance he will be facing Cena one on one again, I expect Y2J to get Cena at the rumble which will be the final match of the feud. John will win of course.
    Rey- He will be in MITB
    HBK- Maybe but I think they will do HBK v Taker
    Punk- Down the road maybe but he is still losing clean so he would need one hell of push for people to believe him as Mania main eventer
    Kane-No way in hell.
    Orton v Cena is a banker then and the SD main event will be two out of HHH, Jeff, and Edge. Il go for Edge v Hunter because Edge v Jeff is being done at the rumble and I just don’t expect Hunter not to be in the title match for Mania. It makes sense that he would face Edge because HHH v Jeff has being done to death.
    Taker wont be near the title scene, he will have big marquee match with HBK hopefully and there is zilch chances of the likes of Umaga, Show or Kozlov being in the main event for Mania, smaller PPV sure but certainly not Mania 25.
    So then the rest of the card……
    Taker v HBK I think will happen because I don’t see a bigger match for either I know some want HBK to face Morrison but him against Taker would be much bigger. It’s at Texas as well where both are from so you expect them to tear the place up. MITB will have the mid carders who can do the flips so I expect Kendrick, Bourne. Morrison, Miz, Shelton, Rey will be in it. Jeff facing Christian has being rumored, if Jeff is not part of the main event he needs a high profile match, a returning Christian who I expect will be Jeff’s attacker will be a high profile match for him. I agree totally with Bounty on the divas match so need to retype his post! Punk and Jericho are the interesting ones, both could be in the MITB but the event will need some high profile matches and those two going at it for the Intercontinental title would make sense. IL also take a total guess that MVP will face Kennedy or both will be in a match against some team. They have good chemistry so it would make sense and there is a chance with MVPS current storyline he could turn face. Khali will have a squash match against some mid card heel to keep his Indian audience happy. I don’t know who though.

suppose that all makes sense but HBK v Taker i dont see as the HBK/JBL storyline is ongoing and they are not going to end it at the rumble at this stage so the earliest it could happen is No Way Out to facilitate HBK being able to have another match at Mania. and even at that rate youd expect there to be some sort of interaction between Taker and HBK at the earliest at NWO or more likely the Rumble to create this match, plus i doubt JBL would just let it go if he lost at NWO to his former employee hed somehow still be in the mix.

you are right about Khali probably getting air time to make the international (indian) audience happy but id say he will just get some kiss cam segment or a comedy skit with Santino or something doubt they will let him stink up the ring when they are only going to have 7/8 matches on the card.

MVP vs Kennedy is likely to happen but id say at NWO after one eliminates the other at the rumble, the NWO match could be for a MITB match slot or something.

didnt think Bourne was expected back in time for mania, hope im wrong though.

suppose that all makes sense but HBK v Taker i dont see as the HBK/JBL storyline is ongoing and they are not going to end it at the rumble at this stage so the earliest it could happen is No Way Out to facilitate HBK being able to have another match at Mania. and even at that rate youd expect there to be some sort of interaction between Taker and HBK at the earliest at NWO or more likely the Rumble to create this match, plus i doubt JBL would just let it go if he lost at NWO to his former employee hed somehow still be in the mix.

you are right about Khali probably getting air time to make the international (indian) audience happy but id say he will just get some kiss cam segment or a comedy skit with Santino or something doubt they will let him stink up the ring when they are only going to have 7/8 matches on the card.

MVP vs Kennedy is likely to happen but id say at NWO after one eliminates the other at the rumble, the NWO match could be for a MITB match slot or something.

didnt think Bourne was expected back in time for mania, hope im wrong though.

Khali v Santino would make sense now I think about it, have Santino turn up on Smackdown and then Khali comes out and challenges him to a match where Santino being egged on by Beth accepts. Thus Santino comes out at Mania and cuts a promo taunting Texas and Khali squashes him in a few minutes leaving the crowd and the vast Indian audience happy. It won’t be a masterpiece but heh people will watch and that’s all that matters. Its better than sticking him in a twenty minutes bore with someone else.
    It would be easy to set up HBK v Taker, have them fight at the rumble when they are in the last four and then Taker eliminates HBK. HBK the next night comes out on Raw and says he has done it all in the business but the one thing he would love to do is end the streak. Mr Mania vs. The Streak, it writes itself and the crowd will go ape**** for it. They also have a lot of history as well which both could bring up. The other possibility for Taker is Kozlov who is still undefeated, or even have a face Show hand Kozlov his first loss.
    I think Bourne is back soon enough judging by reports I seen on the net.

Khali v Santino would make sense now I think about it, have Santino turn up on Smackdown and then Khali comes out and challenges him to a match where Santino being egged on by Beth accepts. Thus Santino comes out at Mania and cuts a promo taunting Texas and Khali squashes him in a few minutes leaving the crowd and the vast Indian audience happy. It won’t be a masterpiece but heh people will watch and that’s all that matters. Its better than sticking him in a twenty minutes bore with someone else.
    It would be easy to set up HBK v Taker, have them fight at the rumble when they are in the last four and then Taker eliminates HBK. HBK the next night comes out on Raw and says he has done it all in the business but the one thing he would love to do is end the streak. Mr Mania vs. The Streak, it writes itself and the crowd will go ape**** for it. They also have a lot of history as well which both could bring up. The other possibility for Taker is Kozlov who is still undefeated, or even have a face Show hand Kozlov his first loss.
    I think Bourne is back soon enough judging by reports I seen on the net.

again makes perfect sense and Koslov is a good shout for taker considering both their streaks but it does still ignore the HBK/JBL story that is in full swing atm though. good news about Bourne if true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I think what they'll do with HBK is something along the lines of him saying I'm sick of working for JBL, there's only one other man with as much money, ie Vince, and Vince says that i'll get a huge payday if I win at Wrestlemania. Imagine the payday he'd get if he took Undertakers streak. Could happen, probably won't, we'll have to wait and see says you

again makes perfect sense and Koslov is a good shout for taker considering both their streaks but it does still ignore the HBK/JBL story that is in full swing atm though. good news about Bourne if true

They can end the JBL V HBK thing at No Way Out, after HBK saves JBL numerous times from the pin count from Cena he can snap and take out JBL and they can end the feud at No way Out. Hell even the night after when HBK wins which he will he can say he wants at Mania to face Taker. It makes sense Taker v HBK would be a much bigger draw than HBK v JBL, and in this current economic climate with mania costing a bomb to order, Vince will want to do the biggest matches possible. I dunno where that would leave JBL as he would be useless in MITB, they could throw have him face Stone Cold if Austin does come back for a one off match, yes the match would be rubbish, but Austin would get a huge pop and people will pay to see Austin to whip Jbl’s ass.

Advertisement