Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband availability Bray area???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrMickeyMouse

still digging up the main street so vevay may be while off yet :(

I guess digging up THE main road through Bray is never going to be as quick as the housing areas! Well when it arrives I tell you it's well worth it.

Have been happily watching 1080P HD videos on YouTube, plus streaming my fav radio stations and sharing the wireless with girlfriend's laptop, chatting to family on land line and watching TV..all effortless and simultaneously!

Cheers UPC, keep it up and Eircom might wake up to their rip off charges!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gavobrien

I'm glad they're finally bringing some decent broadband to Bray. Hopefully it won't take too long to get up my way (near Green Tree in Ballywaltrim) as soon as they're finished on Main Street.

Would it be worth signing up without their digital TV? We have a Saorview/Freesat combo thing going on so don't need their TV package.

gavobrien wrote: »
    Would it be worth signing up without their digital TV? We have a Saorview/Freesat combo thing going on so don't need their TV package.

I think so, we took the TV Digital+ package as I'm into MotoGP and Worldsuperbikes and wanted Eurosport and the kids want Cartoon Channels etc.

If you're happy without the TV, keep your € in your pocket for a rainy day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You can get Broadband and phone only off UPC. Starting at €31/month going on current prices.

You can get Broadband and phone only off UPC. Starting at €31/month going on current prices.

There we go then! Keep the free view, take the phone and BB, spend the € on chocolate cakes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beanhead

UPC came by looking to lay cable across the drive last week on newcourt rd, fella said could be around 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

There we go then! Keep the free view, take the phone and BB, spend the € on chocolate cakes!

My plan in fact is to take UPC BB only, and just use VoIP providers for phone.
    I've been doing that for a while with eircom (just taking the phoneline and bband and not using eircom for calls at all).

beanhead wrote: »
    UPC came by looking to lay cable across the drive last week on newcourt rd, fella said could be around 3 months.

They're getting closer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

liamf wrote: »
    My plan in fact is to take UPC BB only, and just use VoIP providers for phone.
    I've been doing that for a while with eircom (just taking the phoneline and bband and not using eircom for calls at all).
    If you don't take TV, it will be cheaper to "sign up" for the phone service than pay the standalone charge. If you don't want to use UPC and would prefer pure VoIP, just don't plug a phone into the UPC modem's socket:)

I tend to use MSN or Skype to chat with the folks back home, streams nicely but needed a landline number for all the boring stuff like jobs and banks..booo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jocall99

I live by the library in bray and at this minute there are 2 kp network solution vans puttin the fiber optic cables into the ground, I was told they would be live here the 22nd of august (yesterday) but dunno when they will actually be done :\

Jocall99 wrote: »
    I live by the library in bray and at this minute there are 2 kp network solution vans puttin the fiber optic cables into the ground, I was told they would be live here the 22nd of august (yesterday) but dunno when they will actually be done :\

I guess it depends on how large an area they turn on at a time, when they did Woodbrook Glen it was a couple of weeks maximum after the cables were laid in the streets.

It'll be done before Christmas... ;)

I guess it depends on how large an area they turn on at a time, when they did Woodbrook Glen it was a couple of weeks maximum after the cables were laid in the streets.

It'll be done before Christmas... ;)

Oh god I hope it's done by next week, the node is up the main box is up Im just Waitin on the Phone call cuz I have **** Wimax! :(

Oh god I hope it's done by next week, the node is up the main box is up Im just Waitin on the Phone call cuz I have **** Wimax! :(

I didn't wait for a phone call or letter.
    I simply went to the UPC website and entered my address on their availability checker, it said my property was ready for BB so I ordered online and modem arrived 2 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone have any updates about vevay/putland road area?

Have sky and eircom on speed dial and my fingers are getting itchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Had UPC call to my door Ashfield Court off Boghall road for permission to run a new cable into the house for broadband. Said it would be a few weeks :eek:

And UPC are busy digging up the main street too these days.

Sky for TV perhaps.

But eircom for bband ... seriously ... are you mad??

Wait a few months. It will be worth it. Think happy thoughts.

I seriously can't wait for them to get up my way. I'm sick of this "up to 3meg" crap when we barely ever break one! The ejits on the Vodafone support line had me smashing my head against my computer!

gavobrien wrote: »
    I seriously can't wait for them to get up my way. I'm sick of this "up to 3meg" crap when we barely ever break one! The ejits on the Vodafone support line had me smashing my head against my computer!

Keep the faith, it's very worth it! Latest test on a wet miserable Sunday afternoon in Bray, don't forget as I mentioned previous post, keep checking the availability page on UPC's website as we didn't wait for a letter or phone call.

We checked our address on their website and it said BB was go, so called up and it was available and delivered in a few days!
    http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/network_improvements/

1465637381.png

liamf wrote: »
    And UPC are busy digging up the main street too these days.

Sky for TV perhaps.

But eircom for bband ... seriously ... are you mad??

Wait a few months. It will be worth it. Think happy thoughts.

was one of the first customers to sign up to 512k with eircom, should have moved being honest but the hassle of moving was just too much, that is until upc come along and offer me everything for cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cbr954

A leaflet was put through my door this morning.. upc will be working in the Herbert Road area next, happy days ;)

After checking, UPC's 50meg + phone is THE SAME PRICE as the crap "up to 3meg" we've got with Vodafone! I'm popping my address into their little checker every day hoping that I get a little tick beside broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

spoke to UPC today - available on Killarney road as of today !

Getting closer :-)

spoke to UPC today - available on Killarney road as of today !
    I live 2 mins Down the road from there n they told me november! Ugh

they were on sidmonton road, on thursday/friday, said putland road is next week. looks like the 31st october is the launch date was hoping for sooner but i've waited 10 years or so now, 3 more weeks can't hurt

I am thinking there is zero chance they'll make it to the Southern Cross by Christmas.

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

The network improvements page on upc: www.upc.ie/customer_support/network_improvements and 3 out of 4 places being worked on but "Ballymorris" does not appear to be worked on yet. Typical, that's where I am. Am still waiting for any notification about work in our area. Am based in Saran Wood/Waltrim Grove area at the bottom of Killarney Road. The map says that they will have everything installed on the other side of the Killarney road 30 meters from my place "soon"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

I'm on Seapoint road, and I just got my modem today.

The engineers replaced the external cables and boxes a few weeks ago, then they returned last week (Tuesday) to adjust/activate them. A rep came to the door on Friday and I signed up. The modem was delivered this afternoon (Tuesday 11/10/11).

Hang on guys, it's coming! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Sir Random wrote: »
    I'm on Seapoint road, and I just got my modem today.

The engineers replaced the external cables and boxes a few weeks ago, then they returned last week (Tuesday) to adjust/activate them. A rep came to the door on Friday and I signed up. The modem was delivered this afternoon (Tuesday 11/10/11).

Hang on guys, it's coming! :)

That's good news! Still waiting patiently in seapoint court..

Advertisement