Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband availability Bray area???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

trogdor wrote: »
    That's good news! Still waiting patiently in seapoint court..
    You should call them. I saw them working in Seapoint court at the same time as Seapoint road (last week), so you could be live already.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

I just spoke to UPC and they don't have any date for the bottom of Killarney Road yet. All they said was that I will get notification in the post 3-4 weeks before they start working in the area. Haven't received anything yet! I don't foresee having it before the new year. :confused: :mad: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrMickeyMouse

It's worth the wait, have had no problems so far...touch wood.

I had to unplug the modem once this week as speeds had dropped, but seconds later was back at 21MB, so at the moment am pleased to say the least!

1532624831.png

I'm not that impressed with UPC cable TV but that's another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Sir Random wrote: »
    You should call them. I saw them working in Seapoint court at the same time as Seapoint road (last week), so you could be live already.

Rang them up there and apparently the release date for services in seapoint court is coming up on their system as "overdue" but they're not live yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 icetronix

They are currently laying the house to house cabling in killarney heights, and making a hell of alot of noise doing it! No sleep for me till they go :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

icetronix wrote: »
    They are currently laying the house to house cabling in killarney heights, and making a hell of alot of noise doing it! No sleep for me till they go :(

Soooo they're working round the clock then?
    Or you just like a sleep in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Rang them up there and apparently the release date for services in seapoint court is coming up on their system as "overdue" but they're not live yet.
    Are you a current UPC TV customer? I spoke to someone from Seapoint court last night, and they've had fibre bb for two weeks now (same as me).

Sir Random wrote: »
    Are you a current UPC TV customer? I spoke to someone from Seapoint court last night, and they've had fibre bb for two weeks now (same as me).
    Nope not currently with UPC tv, i just checked some random houses numbers there in the checker on their site though and it appears that it's just 3 houses, one of which is here, which are showing up as not being able to receive phone or bb..will ring them up soon and see if they have any info on it.

Nope not currently with UPC tv, i just checked some random houses numbers there in the checker on their site though and it appears that it's just 3 houses, one of which is here, which are showing up as not being able to receive phone or bb..will ring them up soon and see if they have any info on it.

Rang them up there and they didn't seem to have a clue, just kept getting passed back between sales and tech support without any new info apart from that services are "overdue" in the area. If they have the houses literally a few meters across the road from us wired up and ready to go then i don't see why they wouldn't have done the houses on this side of the road while they were at it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gavobrien

Just an update here, UPC have been digging in Richmond Park since Wednesday morning so hopefully their broadband should be up and running soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Had UPC call to my door Ashfield Court off Boghall road for permission to run a new cable into the house for broadband. Said it would be a few weeks :eek:

Not heard a feckin thing since :mad:

God i don't think killarney heights will ever be enabled!
    Its been weeks since they finished the house to house lines and still they haven't enabled the estate and support just gives the "OH! its seems your area is showing as overdue" crap. They need to get this done soon as i really don't want to give eircom another 2 months payment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi Everyone.

Just a quick note to advise that we are very active in Bray currently, trying to get as many homes upgraded to all available UPC services as possible. Very soon more than 8000 homes will be completed.

We have reps knocking doors this week in areas not upgraded yet to advise that we hope to have all pre cabled estates completed over the next couple of months. Please note, it is a gradual process with estates being switched on as soon as we possibly can. (In older estates, it can be time consuming replacing cables, and we also need to dig roads to provide fibre power, so please be patient, we are working as fast as we can to get you upgraded.)

Our reps will be also leaving a flyer in these homes advising customers that they can register their interest in the DID Electrical shop in Bray now, so that when their home is upgraded, they will be able to sign up their and qualify for the retail offer of either a free Netbook, or a free HD TV. See here for T&C's www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Homes already upgraded can call up their now and sign up (or to any other UPC retail partner - Carphone Warehouse, Currys, DID Electrical or Arnotts.)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

update, knns (contractors for upc) seem to be out on the cuala road/putland road/sidmonton road junction yesterday/today, hopefully coming up the putland road soon.

still have the sinking feeling that my house won't be covered until i actually have it piped into my house.

They're also working up the other end (Vevay Road) too.

And I got the flyer mentioned by Jason there the other day.

So three months or so more, I reckon, if I'm lucky.

liamf wrote: »
    They're also working up the other end (Vevay Road) too.

And I got the flyer mentioned by Jason there the other day.

So three months or so more, I reckon, if I'm lucky.
    aye it's a pity, i've had eircom and sky on asking me to upgrade my packages, told them i'd be leaving for upc in november :(. Probably looking more like March now.

Still nothing this end of seapoint court yet, the rest of the estate went live 6 weeks ago now but the last 4 houses here are still yet to be connected. There was a upc man out two or three weeks ago activating services across the road so i went over and asked him if he knew anything. Got more information from him than i could out of the support or sales teams. He had a look around and said that it looks like one last dig is needed to get us up and running but there certainly doesn't seem to be any rush on getting that done :p and the only information available is still just: 'overdue'

Killarney Heights is active as of last Thursday, ill have 100mb in the next week or so ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cbr954

I just checked my address on upc.ie. Broadband is available.. phoning first thing tomorrow ;)

Well 100mb in, actually only took 1 working day <3
    Getting the full speed all afternoon/night too and have had 0 issues.
    Its actually funny to max out RS/MU and most my games patcher's without hitting my bandwidth cap :)
    Well worth the €40, €30 more a month in my pocket . . .and €70 less in eircoms ^_^

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, out in the wilderness that is the Southern Cross, we are contemplating nature and waiting all zen-like and such.

The contractors were laying cable in our estate last week though. So ...

cbr954 wrote: »
    I just checked my address on upc.ie. Broadband is available.. phoning first thing tomorrow ;)
    ordered today and modem should be delivered next week !!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

Hi Everyone
    Can anyone help me or give me any Info Please.

I live on Schools Road on the Boghall Road and we can only get MMDS ( yes you heard MMDS ). When our houses went up no cables were put in but they have the UPC manholes outside (the closest one to the main Boghall Road is 50ft) There are 30 houses in our area and at least 20 including myself want the TV-BB-PHONE Package but we don't know if we are going to be upgraded wit the Fibre Cables.
    I know they are going to be working in oldcourt soon and was wondering will they do our houses.
    Many Thanks For Your Help

cbr954 wrote: »
    ordered today and modem should be delivered next week !!

Hooked up today. Works great, speeds are fantastic.

still no rep and 9 weeks overdue, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gavobrien

Ordered broadband and home phone which should be installed on Saturday. I popped my address into their checker and it said everything is available now. Their website also says Oldcourt is switched on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Still nothing for Ashfield Court :mad:

Well Holy God, ha?

The nice UPC man called to my house yesterday to try to sell me better broadband.

He didn't have to try too hard :D

Modem should be delivered in a few days ...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Still not available for me in Ballynoe Court if you don't know where that is, top of Boghall on Kilbride Lane. Hopefully will have it soon.

• Advertisement

liamf wrote: »
    Well Holy God, ha?

The nice UPC man called to my house yesterday to try to sell me better broadband.

He didn't have to try too hard :D

Modem should be delivered in a few days ...
    guess vevay road area will be the last to get it at this stage :(

Advertisement