Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband availability Bray area???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

I'd love to know to the people that it is available to in Bray, whereabouts are you so that we can get a picture to where it is available. Still nothing in Waltrim Grove :(
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

Dr.TV wrote: »
    I'd love to know to the people that it is available to in Bray, whereabouts are you so that we can get a picture to where it is available. Still nothing in Waltrim Grove :(
    Thanks

Estate off the Southern Cross ... but it's only become officially available to me since yesterday and showed up for the first time when I checked the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheEagle

From Waltrim grove myself. I asked one of the upc cablers up by the garage there about amonth ago, six weeks or so he said. So shunt be too long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still nothing here yet..the rest of the estate went live nearly 3 months ago now and i don't have too much hope for the remaining 4 houses without services here now. Still calling sales and tech support periodically but i've just about given up by now. Got a really genuine guy on the sales team about 2 weeks ago who seemed dumbfounded by the situation and thought it was so ridiculous that he took down all my details and sent them on to the cabling/ground team (or so he said anyway) and said they'd get back to me with a reason/scheduled date for the last dig within the next few days but alas again there has been no contact and nothing has happened..

My UPC modem arrived by courier as scheduled today. Huzzah.

So I connected it up ... and it won't sync to the network.
    Godammit :rolleyes:

Guess it's time to try out UPC's legendary customer support ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Putland Road looks good to go now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Putland Road looks good to go now

Showing no broadband for me but digital hd+ is there now. I better be able to get broadband or there will be war!

I'm in the Headlands & ordered broadband this afternoon. All 4 showed up on the address checker

liamf wrote: »
    My UPC modem arrived by courier as scheduled today. Huzzah.

So I connected it up ... and it won't sync to the network.
    Godammit :rolleyes:

Guess it's time to try out UPC's legendary customer support ...

Turns out it's not just me either. Some of my neighbours have the same issue. UPC reckon the old cables running to the houses may be sh1t and need replacing.

Hordes of men in vans expected to descend on the place from Wednesday to start ripping out cables and such.

Hordes of men in vans expected to descend on the place from Wednesday to start ripping out cables and such.

Heh, yea we'll see :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hordes of men duly turned up, a whole day early.

Result in attachment

Result in attachment

That's awesome, and the pic is just as good! Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Result in attachment

yeah but does UPC's cheaper and faster broadband give you access to the Eircom Study hub or the Eircom Music hub - surely enough of a reason to move back to Eircom :rolleyes:

Received modem, plugged it in & it won't sync to the network, they are sending a technician out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS. They are putting the cable in today. Bye Bye to Eircom soon :)

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS. They are putting the cable in today. Bye Bye to Eircom soon :)

Where are you based Antrim_Man? Am so jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gavobrien

Got UPC installed last weekend in Richmond Park. Very happy with it so far!

1704565605.png

Dr.TV wrote: »
    Where are you based Antrim_Man? Am so jealous.

Off Boghall road, Ashfield Court.

It's so close then!! Still waiting for a rep to call around to tell me the best he can offer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

What's it like so far?

• Advertisement

Nephew wrote: »
    What's it like so far?

Only the ducting laid, no cable yet.

Saw them today inside Saran wood, getting closer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 krusty_10

Southern Cross is turned on and working nicely.
    I have the 25Mb ( around 20mb with the wireless) and no probs.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1714959635.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 halite

Living in Sidmonton Gardens, they have been teasing us. Work on the road finished a couple of months ago but still no service has gone live. Hopefully it will not be too long now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Received router into work on tuesday.
    got home plugged it in NADA.

(In fairness had a funny feeling this would happen)
    Tech out tomorrow to run a new drop cable. 100mb here I come muuuuuuuaahhhhhhhh

As a matter of interest ..

Here off the southern cross, now that (presumably) everyone who wants UPC now has UPC ...

I have the 50M down/ 5M up package.

Since that first night when I tried it and got 50/5 as advertised, every time I do a speedtest, I get 5 up alright. But the top speed down is ~24-26Mbps.

Does this match with anyone else's experience? Not that I am complaining too much (it's still more than 10 times faster than I was getting from eircom, on a good day). I am just wondering if I need to try UPC's world-renowned customer support again.

Its getting closer, more duct laying today.

this is taking the piss now nearly 3 months overdue, my mum and sister can get it in separate houses in bray, yet wouldn't be able to turn a computer on let alone use the internet. talk about a tease.

hurry the god damn hell up!

Here off the southern cross, now that (presumably) everyone who wants UPC now has UPC ...

Since that first night when I tried it and got 50/5 as advertised, every time I do a speedtest, I get 5 up alright. But the top speed down is ~24-26Mbps.

Does this match with anyone else's experience? Not that I am complaining too much (it's still more than 10 times faster than I was getting from eircom, on a good day). I am just wondering if I need to try UPC's world-renowned customer support again.

I'd give them a call, your not exactly getting what you paid for, you could save money and just drop down to the 25mb line instead if that is all that you are getting. The signal should not degrade as fast as ADSL so you should be getting the full amount I would say (of course it is depending how far the last repeater/exchange is from you as fiber doesn't transmit forever). I would definitely call though.

• Advertisement

how are you connecting to the router? wireless or wired? if wireless try wired :)

Advertisement