Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband availability Bray area???

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

So we just switched to UPC from eircom. Stuff arrived today. Killarney Rd.

Have all the TVs setup, but the 'online' light on the modem keeps flashing (US / DS fine)? I'm picking up the UPC wireless, but it just won't finish connecting. Anyone else had this problem? Just going to leave it until the morning, me thinks.

Yes, had similar issue.

It was the cabling in the estate: they had made a booboo in connecting everything back to the mothership. All my neighbours who switched to UPC had the same issue.

They sent some nice men in vans around. They poked at some cables and all was well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got it up and running with a phonecall :)

1808777221.png

So....fast....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Got it up and running with a phonecall :)

1808777221.png

So....fast....

Oooooooo, ye jammy dodger

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Heh, UPC man has just called to my door, but I wasn't in. I called him and asked what the best he could do. He said that he cant move anywhere on the pack. 66 euro for the essential bundle and he CAN'T give me 2 first 2 months half price.
    Jason says different: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831222&page=99
    The rep is calling back to me in a while when I am home to try and talk me into it.

Dr.TV wrote: »
    The rep is calling back to me in a while when I am home to try and talk me into it.

He's been following the forums and he knows you're going to buy it anyway :D
    If he charged you €76 you'd still buy it.

Save yourself the aggravation and just sign whatever they put in front of you without reading it.

No, wait, maybe that last bit is not a good idea.

• Advertisement

liamf wrote: »
    If he charged you €76 you'd still buy it.

Yes but Jason is offering me a better deal with 2 months half price and a nice voucher and free connection..
    liamf wrote: »
    Save yourself the aggravation and just sign whatever they put in front of you without reading it.

No, wait, maybe that last bit is not a good idea.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

I am now up and running. It was a provisioning issue that a phone call to UPC sorted out. Now gone from 2mb eircom to 25mb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paul roche

Yes but Jason is offering me a better deal with 2 months half price and a nice voucher and free connection..

:)

Hey Alex,

Paul here from UPC.

Have you been in touch with Jason yet about this offer he put to you?

Our sales manager is looking into this matter because we have never heard of this offer until you contacted me yesterday.

Cheers

We have been working Bray since Tuesday.

600+ Sales

If anyone is interested in signing up for any of our offers call me on +3537725722.

Cheers.

paul roche wrote: »
    We have been working Bray since Tuesday.

600+ Sales

If anyone is interested in signing up for any of our offers call me on +3537725722.

Cheers.

Since when was Bray not part of Ireland :D

• Advertisement

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

???
    He is referring to your suggestion to people to put the international code in front of the local number number....he was joking.
    However u might need to be careful what u write here on Boards.ie because its not somewhere u can tout for business, i'm sure a moderator will warn u to that effect....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

paul, firstly thanks for taking time out to come to this thread.

any idea on when the putland road should be switched on, as currently on a crappy eircom line and would gladly queue up to give you my hard earned cash. i'm a sales persons wet dream i'm an easy sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Still no services here in seapoint court despite the rest of the estate going live 4-5 months ago, have called upc many many times at this stage and had the issue "forwarded" at least 6-7 times. I was told i would be called back within a few days every time with a date for services going live or a reason why we were never connected. The first time it was forwarded was in mid December though and i'm still yet to receive any callback so that's looking unlikely.

One salesman suggested that it may be a wayleave issue but i've talked to the other residents here who are still without services and also the others directly across the road with services and no one has been contacted about using their land.

Paul, if there's anything you can do at all to even find out what's happening and why we were never connected it would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

paul, firstly thanks for taking time out to come to this thread.

any idea on when the putland road should be switched on, as currently on a crappy eircom line and would gladly queue up to give you my hard earned cash. i'm a sales persons wet dream i'm an easy sell.

We worked Headlands with in the last month which is on pultland road, i actually dont know when the rest is being switched on, we are told nothing but im guessing its pretty close to completion.

Trogdor wrote: »
    Still no services here in seapoint court despite the rest of the estate going live 4-5 months ago, have called upc many many times at this stage and had the issue "forwarded" at least 6-7 times. I was told i would be called back within a few days every time with a date for services going live or a reason why we were never connected. The first time it was forwarded was in mid December though and i'm still yet to receive any callback so that's looking unlikely.

One salesman suggested that it may be a wayleave issue but i've talked to the other residents here who are still without services and also the others directly across the road with services and no one has been contacted about using their land.

Paul, if there's anything you can do at all to even find out what's happening and why we were never connected it would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

I will try get some info on monday.

Trogdor wrote: »

I actually worked Seapoint Court. Its available there, redbrick houses near the football pitch???

I will try get some info on monday.
    Thanks very much, it's much appreciated!
    I actually worked Seapoint Court. Its available there, redbrick houses near the football pitch???

Yep they're the ones but there was 4 houses which never got connected at the end of the estate:(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

Hi Everyone
    Can anyone help me or give me any Info Please.

I live on Schools Road on the Boghall Road and we can only get MMDS ( yes you heard MMDS ). When our houses went up no cables were put in but they have the UPC manholes outside (the closest one to the main Boghall Road is 50ft) There are 30 houses in our area and at least 20 including myself want the TV-BB-PHONE Package but we don't know if we are going to be upgraded wit the Fibre Cables.
    I know they are going to be working in oldcourt soon and was wondering will they do our houses.
    Many Thanks For Your Help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hi Everyone

I live on Schools Road on the Boghall Road and we can only get MMDS ( yes you heard MMDS ). When our houses went up no cables were put in but they have the UPC manholes outside (the closest one to the main Boghall Road is 50ft) There are 30 houses in our area and at least 20 including myself want the TV-BB-PHONE Package but we don't know if we are going to be upgraded wit the Fibre Cables.
    I know they are going to be working in oldcourt soon and was wondering will they do our houses.

UPC are the only ones that will KNOW. I see loads of UPC vans driving towards Bray in the mornings. If you see one STOPPED [don't jump out if they are still driving :) ] why not ask them? They would be the ones laying the cable.

• Advertisement

Well I got my broadband installed yesterday finally. checked it today and speedtest.net confirms 25mb :D I'm very happy!

Well I got my broadband installed yesterday finally. checked it today and speedtest.net confirms 25mb :D I'm very happy!

It's great alright. I haven't had any troubles since they turned it on a few months back.

After a modem power off reset still only getting this :mad:

1932655887.png

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Hi Everyone

I live up in Ballynoe Court, just became live 2 days ago, as far as I know they are doing every house in Bray, if you can grab a lad from UPC ask him, they should know.

So just run this today. What does this prove. That the service gets hammered on a Friday evening and the speed deteriorates badly?

1933452551.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jffsmns

Any news on availability for Main St.? Moving into a new apartment this weekend and would like to have UPC Broadband there as well. (Currently only digital tv available).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

I put "City 2 12 Main Street Bray Wicklow" into the service checker and everything was available. Try put your neighbours address, etc, to see how close it is to you. Also try ringing UPC. Sometimes there may be a mistake or a problem and your area may never be upgraded.

If you are on the main street street you should get fairly fast internet through a phone line. The closer you are to the telephone exchange (the main post office) the faster you can connect. So (up to 24Mb) may be actually possible for you.

I think nowadays only move to somewhere that has decent broadband. It's like not having hot water these days.

So just run this today. What does this prove. That the service gets hammered on a Friday evening and the speed deteriorates badly?

1933452551.png

I dunno to be honest, Antrim_Man

I no longer trust speedtest.net results to arbitrary servers as being representative of anything.

For instance: you can pick 3 servers in the Dublin area explicitly, if you want, rather than letting it pick one for you. One eircom, one digiweb, one vodaphone.

For me, it's quite consistent: if I pick the Eircom one, I get ~46Mbps down. For the other two, I get ~25 and ~12. Always. Well, sufficiently often that I pay no attention at all any more to speedtest, unless I am convinced that there is a problem, and I always use only the eircom server. At least that way, the results are indicative of ~something~. Just not sure what :-)

So far I have only had one actual issue with speed. When I noticed it, a modem reboot fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jffsmns

Thanks for the advice zg3409.

I totally agree with you on broadband availability. The ad for the apartment advertised the possibility of having broadband. And while true, apparently I'm limited to using Eircom/Wimax.

Per your suggestion I checked it on my neighbours' address and unfortunately it's the same deal. Also tried it on the apartment complex next door to mine (Parnell Road) and it seems that it's not available there either.

I've recently spoken to a UPC employee via UPC.ie's online chat and she told me that it should be available in my apartment within the next 1-2 months. Apparently it's got something to do with some overdue maintenance or whatever. Do you reckon it's worth calling with UPC regardless of the above info?

Was hoping to get some more info/details from Paul on the matter since I don't really want to get my broadband from Eircom/Wimax and pay a fortune for everything :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Last 4 houses in seapoint court finally got wired up and went live here this week, better late than never! Many thanks to Jason and his team, without them i don't think we would have got anywhere with the issue.

Advertisement