Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless problem

Options
  • 01-01-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via my eircom router.
    The laptop is connecting to the router and the signal strength is excellent, however when I open internet explorer I cant get anything up.The same thing happens when I connect via the ethernet cable. I have a different laptop cannected with no problems at all.

I went to "Diagnose connection problem" and it said its probably a firewall problem but I have the firewalls turned off.
    I cant even get anything up when I go to 192.168.1.254?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

jay28 wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet via my eircom router.
    The laptop is connecting to the router and the signal strength is excellent, however when I open internet explorer I cant get anything up.The same thing happens when I connect via the ethernet cable. I have a different laptop cannected with no problems at all.

I went to "Diagnose connection problem" and it said its probably a firewall problem but I have the firewalls turned off.
    I cant even get anything up when I go to 192.168.1.254?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jay

1st just wanna say i'm not an expert on these matters, but had the exact same problem earlier today (Eircom broadband, Netopia router),and i just turned off the router for about 1 minute, turned it back on and that seemed to "fix it" :D did you give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi,
    Yes ive tried it loads of times, I even plugged it out from the power and left it for 10 mins,
    it didn't help.

Thanks,

Jay

Ok so I went to the command prompt, and im able to ping google. I just cant get on the bloody internet :mad:

got it sorted by reading through a different thread...........my lan setting were set to manual :rolleyes:

Jay.

Advertisement