Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Working Visa Question

Options
  • 01-01-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey guys.

My brother is currently in Perth, Australia on his first year working visa, and he would like to stay on another year if possible. What would the best option be for him? He's being working sense he arrived as a bricklayer. Back about 6 months ago, i heard on the radio that Irish & English people can apply for the second visa and not have the seasonal work doing, as long as they have worked in the conscrution area. Any truth to this? and what about being sponsorship by a relative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

SilverHaze wrote: »
    Hey guys.

My brother is currently in Perth, Australia on his first year working visa, and he would like to stay on another year if possible. What would the best option be for him? He's being working sense he arrived as a bricklayer. Back about 6 months ago, i heard on the radio that Irish & English people can apply for the second visa and not have the seasonal work doing, as long as they have worked in the conscrution area. Any truth to this? and what about being sponsorship by a relative?

Yeah, read the website it will have all the answers there
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm
    he will need 3 months construction work in a rural area Perth wouldn't count as rural

Advertisement