Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live and msn

• 01-01-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey :)

I set up my Xbox Live yesterday and everything seems fine, except that everytime I sign in it says that I can't be signed in to messenger. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I can sort this?

I'm a bit of a newbie to all of this so I do apologise!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

set up a seperate msn account from XBL, thats what i had to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Mine works fine with my account that I normally use.

It's a bit annoying that if I sign in to my xbox account that I auto sign into my msn. If I am on MSN on my laptop it knocks me off. I can sign in appear offline but it still disconnects my msn messenger. Any solution to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yes, you can turn off auto sign in for MSN or your gamertag in preferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

bucks73 wrote: »

Cool, I'll check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

when i sign in to messenger on Live my xbox slows down dramatically.
    it takes 30seconds to go from one menu to another (Friends,party etc.)
    anyone know why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Because your Xbox has to load all your MSN Contacts on top of your Xbox friends. Might be best to disable that feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

bucks73 wrote: »

Thanks
    Never knew that and always pissed me off as I'd be signed into Messenger on my Macbook at the same time and it'd sign me out (sharing wireless from laptop to xbox)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

karin389 wrote: »
    it says that I can't be signed in to messenger.

Every time I sign into Xbox Live it always says that I can't be signed into messenger. I think that means the Xbox live message system though. I don't have my msn linked to it.

Doesn't seem to make a difference really, but its annoying all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Every time I sign into Xbox Live it always says that I can't be signed into messenger. I think that means the Xbox live message system though. I don't have my msn linked to it.

Doesn't seem to make a difference really, but its annoying all the same.

It's MSN. It'll try to sign you in to MSN on the e-mail you used for your gamertag.

Advertisement