Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denny Non-Compliance Re: Pork Products

Options
  • 01-01-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

Denny and several other suppliers just have a sticker saying "NEW STOCK" on their products rather than the official Bord Bia sticker they're supposed to have
    There's no way I'd buy anything off them if they can't guarantee the safety of their meat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Denny's are processed in Portadown. I assume exempt from bord bia quality markings due to outside the juristiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

just eat the stupid pork, its not going to kill you.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most products can be traced back to where they came from any they know that they weren't affected by the few contaminated areas.

Certain products which manufactured or formed together with other meats would be the exception where they could not be guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stickers? WTF? Who cares what stickers are on it. I'll eat some of their old stock if it's only being thrown out anyway.

Bloody mountain out of a molehill.

If anything the pork I had that week tasted nicer because I new loads of other eejits were chucking stuff out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ah was Denny not the crowd who did not recall any pork products that were being sent as gift packs to the states, turned out there not Irish pork...just use Irish receipts...as such nothing to worry about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Denny and several other suppliers just have a sticker saying "NEW STOCK" on their products rather than the official Bord Bia sticker they're supposed to have
    There's no way I'd buy anything off them if they can't guarantee the safety of their meat

Bet it was fine a few months ago before we didnt know about the big great pork scare of 2008 that people cared about for oh.....about a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Cabaal wrote: »
    ah was Denny not the crowd who did not recall any pork products that were being sent as gift packs to the states, turned out there not Irish pork...just use Irish receipts...as such nothing to worry about :)

I think that was Galtee they went on Joe Duffy to say they have not used Irish pork for years all there bacon is Danish.:eek:

Advertisement