Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Orders on Bank Hols?

Options
  • 01-01-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if standing orders go through on Bank / Public Holidays? I have a standing order set up to go out of my current account on the first day of every month but I forgot to transfer the funds into my current account for today, so as a result I dont know if it tried to go through today or it will tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

afaik that will hold over till tomorrow when banks open again.
    they are never paid before due date - e.g. if 1st is a Saturday it will be paid on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

1966 wrote: »
    afaik that will hold over till tomorrow when banks open again.
    they are never paid before due date - e.g. if 1st is a Saturday it will be paid on Monday.

Right on both counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks guys, thats a relief as i only transferred that funds today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

Generally it's the next working day. If the funds aren't available on the day, the SO usually goes on "retry", so if you have funds within the next few days it will probably go then. Watch out for unpaid/referral fees though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Funds went through, good news. Its not of great importance, a standing order for a savings account I set up but I didnt want the hassle of going into my local bank, withdrawing funds and walking across town to lodge them manually! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement