Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inviting a Parent of a Non-EU National to Live in Ireland

Options
  • 01-01-2009 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My wife (who is Russian) and I are married nearly 4 years. My wife is currently having her application for Irish citizenship processed: just the 2.5 years to wait.:mad:

My wife's mother lives on her own in New Zealand and we would like to invite her to live with us permanently in Ireland. She holds dual Russian and NZ citizenship.

We've checked on citizensinformation.ie and they say the following:
    I am an Australian married to an Irish citizen and living in Cork. Can my Australian father come to live with us? He is on an Australian state pension.
    If your father can show that he can support himself in Ireland and if he has private health insurance, he may come and live in Ireland with you.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/moving-country/moving-to-ireland/rights-of-residence-in-ireland/residence-rights-in-ireland

Does anyone have any experience of this and what terms like "show you can support yourself" mean in practicality?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement