Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insulation and plumbing

Options
  • 01-01-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I bought a house in october and am finding it hard to heat. I would like to see about getting some insulation for attic and walls but don't have alot of money. Could anyone recommend someone good in Limerick city area who would do this for a good price. Also need a plumber to fix a radiator and boiler. I would really appreciate any recommendations as I find when you are a woman on your own you can be ripped off.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Homebase have a special on insulation at the moment. 50% off + an extra 10% off tomorrow & Saturday. You should be able to insulate your attic for less than €600. It is the easy-lay type of insulation, fully enclosed so you wont get the stuff on your person. I would stronly advise that you should at least buy it. You wont get anything similar at twice the price. Use 100mm between the joists & 200mm overlaid at right angle to the joists. Have a look through the different threads in the DIY section and you will glean oodles of excellent advice on this kind of work.PM me for a plumber recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Do they do delivery on that insulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

BostonB wrote: »
    Do they do delivery on that insulation?
    No, doubt it. Well worth a visit and pack up the car or trailer. Cheap as chips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

RKQ wrote: »
    No, doubt it. Well worth a visit and pack up the car or trailer. Cheap as chips!

Between cars with a tow bar at the moment. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Correction! I was in Homebase today and saw a sign for "Home Deliveries". I assume they delivery within a certain area / mileage - might be worth ringing your local store.

Local Builder Suppliers will deliver but they don't seem to be running 50% discounts on insulation, at the moment. Worth making afew enquiries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement