Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help re weight loss

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Hi twentysomething, I'm a bit concerned that you get lightheaded so easily and 'need' food to restore you, especially sugary foods. I recommend that you go to your GP and ask for blood tests. Let him know you are about to start on increasing your exercise and modifying your food intake. He will probably test your cholesterol, blood sugar and lipid levels. Ask him if he will be testing these. It's recommended that most people who embark on major lifestyle changes get these tests anyway but your posts indicate that this is a definite need in your case :) Just to be sure :)

I strongly recommend this as well twentysomething - light-headedness isn't good, so listen to what your body is telling you and make sure everything is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

A friend of mine has been telling me to get tested for hypoglaecemia (sp?) for the last number of years, and i keep saying i will, but i have this crippling fear of injections, even the thoughts of them make me feel weak. The last time i had to get blood taken it took my mother to hold me and the nurse to give me the injection, while i cried like a small child... she said it was the most intense fear she had seen someone have.
    I just cant voluntarily do it.
    I'm just careful that i dont let myself get into a weak state by constant snacking(probably explains the weight gain!)
    But i do feel alot better in the last few weeks, so maybe it was just the amount of sugar i was craving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

A friend of mine has been telling me to get tested for hypoglaecemia (sp?) for the last number of years, and i keep saying i will, but i have this crippling fear of injections, even the thoughts of them make me feel weak. The last time i had to get blood taken it took my mother to hold me and the nurse to give me the injection, while i cried like a small child... she said it was the most intense fear she had seen someone have.
    I just cant voluntarily do it.
    I'm just careful that i dont let myself get into a weak state by constant snacking(probably explains the weight gain!)
    But i do feel alot better in the last few weeks, so maybe it was just the amount of sugar i was craving...
    Sorry for not getting back to you twentysomething, try visiting the Phobia forum for help on beating the injection phobia. Even if you have a fear of injections, at least visit your GP to discuss what's happening to you. It's worthwhile in the long run and may even help you avoid having to go for more serious tests and series of injections later on. :)

Advertisement