Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

ChewChew wrote: »
    Goodbye folks. it's been a pleasure. But I have finally rid myself of that nasty killer disease.

My hurty knee is also no longer hurty.

:D

Yay she lives she lives - close call there for a while glad to hear your well! I ll be leaving soon too. Cough is almost better. Will miss all the tormenting though must be said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

ChewChew wrote: »
    My hurty knee is also no longer hurty.

Lucky for some :(

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Yay she lives she lives - close call there for a while glad to hear your well! I ll be leaving soon too. Cough is almost better. Will miss all the tormenting though must be said!
    yeah I gotta be honest. if it wasn't for this thread, I actually believe in my heart of hearts that I would have passed away not so peacefully. but no. . . here I are. Alive, kicking and well!!

Thanx you guys!! you all mo fo'in rawk!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Has snow monkey been sniffling around? How did he know about the foot fetish?
    Indeed how did he get the manflu in the first place?:eek:

CDfm wrote: »
    Has snow monkey been sniffling around? How did he know about the foot fetish?
    Indeed how did he get the manflu in the first place?:eek:

He is not your friend anymore - I stole him from you and now you are a gimp! Ha last time you will be mean to a mean girl I mean a sweet ill girl ~cough cough! ..

• Advertisement

He is not your friend anymore - I stole him from you and now you are a gimp! Ha last time you will be mean to a mean girl I mean a sweet ill girl ~cough cough! ..
    Snow Monkey is the founder of the Manflu & Manfluist Sufferers and Survivours Group.

A Giant of a Man in Manflu circles - a Gorrilla in Monkeys clothing. The King of Kongs.

The Truest of the Fluest and soon to be the Who's he with the Fluzy:pac:

Snow Monkey is the founder of the Manflu & Manfluist Sufferers and Survivours Group.

A Giant of a Man in Manflu circles - a Gorrilla in Monkeys clothing. The King of Kongs.

You tried to pimp him out dude - thats lioke not cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

you tried to pimp me out cdfm(the gimp of boards well so the women say ) now

pseudonym1 show him whos boss

Ok - but after I beat him up (for you) you two gotta kiss and make up - OK ? :D

POW! BANG! kick! PUNCH! Im the only pimp on this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

POW! BANG! kick! PUNCH! Im the only pimp on this thread!

:confused:

nouggatti wrote: »
    :confused:

Hi nougatti - hope your feeling a little better. Since you have been absent I have turned CDfm into a gimp and he tried to pimp out snow monkey (big misteak) so I have to beat him so he realises I am the only pimp here. Been a long day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi nougatti - hope your feeling a little better. Since you have been absent I have turned CDfm into a gimp and he tried to pimp out snow monkey (big misteak) so I have to beat him so he realises I am the only pimp here. Been a long day.

Ah it all makes sense now :D

I've had a nap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Chew chew, good to hear you is alive and well!

Snicket, dat's not manflu - dat's a sinus infection you have. Buy some Friar's Balsam / Olbas oil and add it to hot water and inhale the resultant fumes - which can be pretty fragrant!

Atta girl Pseudo, you show 'em who's boss!

Snowy, are you any better?

CDfm, you are obviously better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Alice1 wrote: »
    Chew chew, good to hear you is alive and well!

Snicket, dat's not manflu - dat's a sinus infection you have. Buy some Friar's Balsam / Olbas oil and add it to hot water and inhale the resultant fumes - which can be pretty fragrant!

Atta girl Pseudo, you show 'em who's boss!

Snowy, are you any better?

CDfm, you are obviously better!

Snowy and CDfm have finally realised after all these posts it was only a small sinus infection they had - so they won't be posting in this thread anymore...

Saibh wrote: »
    Snowy and CDfm have finally realised after all these posts it was only a small sinus infection they had - so they won't be posting in this thread anymore...

as they shouldn't, their minor sniffles are nothing compared to debating for half an hour as to whether you really really really need to go to the loo, and then spending another half an hour getting the energy up to do it.

That sounds dreadful Nougatti! Must admit worst of mine is thankfully over - cough and kidneys still annoying me (night time is the worse) but you are at optimum sick stage ! POooorrr Bunny :D Here is loads of sympathy - it speeds up the getting well process!

I cant wait for Saibhs thread - its going to be - It takes a villiage to cure a girlflu

Men suffer quietly in silence.Who was the one back at work today:(:(

My OH used me as the guinea pig on alternative remedies and is laid up surrounded by fluffy toys barracaded with hot water bottles and what looks like Pete Doherties and Kate Mosses drugs stash laid out on the dining room table. Fcek when this is over she will need to book into the Priory to come of flu drugs.

Did I post about the phamaceutical reference books -she is cross referencing what drugs on top of her four percription drugs she can take.Where does she get this stuff.

Its gotten so bad - it looks like a South America Drug Cartels drug factory in the living room.If my friend Ger the cop calls -I am expecting a drug squad raid.

I think Ive got a kidney infection too Yes dear I say - as she searches for powdered rhino horn she knows she has somewhere.......

I reckon her girlflu has its own carbon footprint the size of Saibhs village

gotta go now wouldnt want to expose her to deadly Computer Monitor death rays.

I cant wait for Saibhs thread - its going to be - It takes a villiage to cure a girlflu

Men suffer quietly in silence.Who was the one back at work today:(:(

My OH used me as the guinea pig on alternative remedies and is laid up surrounded by fluffy toys barracaded with hot water bottles and what looks like Pete Doherties and Kate Mosses drugs stash laid out on the dining room table. Fcek when this is over she will need to book into the Priory to come of flu drugs.

Did I post about the phamaceutical reference books -she is cross referencing what drugs on top of her four percription drugs she can take.

Its gotten so bad - it looks like a South America Drug Cartels drug factory in the living room.If my friend Ger the cop calls -I am expecting a drug squad raid.

I think Ive got a kidney infection too Yes dear I say - as she searches for powdered rhino horn she knows she has somewhere........

At least she doesnt expect you to go running after her and call her poor bunny! How are the bruises?

At least she doesnt expect you to go running after her and call her poor bunny! How are the bruises?
    Oh there is not a part of my body that doesnt hurt, have you been working out and talking steroids. Im a victim of Roid Rage.

We cant use the "b" word -it diminishes her "condition" and is "patronising".

• Advertisement

Roid Rage.

Dare I ask what that is ?
    As for steroids no way hos-e!

SteROID RAGE - or is it an acronym for R-ight O-bey I D-emand R-eally A-ngry G-irl E-xplosion

SteROID RAGE - or is it an acronym for R-ight O-bey I D-emand R-eally A-ngry G-irl E-xplosion

:D you should write a book! My kidneys hurt :(

From the Manflu Vaults we have unearthed an educational video for Manfluists produced by the Beatles during the 1969 Manflu Pandemic.The message is still relevant today.

Its a message to radical manfluists on how to deal with manflu - a little known fact is that disagreements over manflu treatment by Beatles WAGS actually split the Beatles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxTpsIVzzo

Linda McCartney maintained it Manflu was "just a cold" and developed the phrase "starve a cold" with her Linda McCartney Vegetarian food range. The other 3 Beatles would no longer play with Paul if Linda provided the grub.As Ringo said - "that food has no love in it". The song was a plea to Linda -ah well it fell on Manfluist ears and pop music was never the same again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Men suffer quietly in silence.
    Who was the one back at work today:(:(

Did I post about the phamaceutical reference books -she is cross referencing what drugs on top of her four percription drugs she can take.Where does she get this stuff.

I think Ive got a kidney infection too Yes dear I say - as she searches for powdered rhino horn she knows she has somewhere.......

I reckon her girlflu has its own carbon footprint the size of Saibhs village

gotta go now wouldnt want to expose her to deadly Computer Monitor death rays.

If men suffer in silence why is there 300+ posts in this thread;)

If men suffer in silence why is there 300+ posts in this thread;)
    Manflu is one of the last taboo's in our Society.

Men cower in fear when speaking about it and dont look for the "Manflu Luv" they need to get better.

This thread says loud and clear - why suffer -its good to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

I've missed half the thread cause I have a life and was out on the piss the last two days.. but serioulsy guys get over it all ready, no way you're all still sick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

Tried to build you a bridge but it didn't work:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

abi2007 wrote: »
    I've missed half the thread cause I have a life and was out on the piss the last two days.. but serioulsy guys get over it all ready, no way you're all still sick!!!

so do we!!! i got shot at on sunday twice..... ive got welts every where darn bb guns :mad:

• Advertisement

abi2007 wrote: »
    Its really bad- even mean girls are coming down with something.

Nougatti is really ill with girlflu ( a make up allergy we believe) - she hasnt been at work this week. I didnt know you can get sick notes for breaking a nail. But apparently you can.

Advertisement