Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

yeah 95% of any taker's ?

you keeping the other 5% of me? or did you mean off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

abi2007 wrote: »
    you keeping the other 5% of me? or did you mean off

Your for sale now :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Your for sale now :p:)
    ill get the bids going €2 :pac:

that's it snow monkey. i'm deleting you off my bebo lol:D

that's it snow monkey. i'm deleting you off my bebo lol:D

bout bloody time :D

• Advertisement

you will only have me left then... :eek:

minxie1 wrote: »
    you will only have me left then... :eek:

no she got my real bebo :eek:.... she gave me dark chocolet ;)

you've brought tears to my eyes

no she got my real bebo :eek:.... she gave me dark chocolet ;)
    ill give you dark choccie.....:D:D:D

you've brought tears to my eyes

go get a tissue then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I don't hear any mention of man flu symptoms in the last few posts - all better now:)

he was never sick.. made it up for sympathy

prob start a lonely hearts thread next.. hee hee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

They are probably trying to figure out who will listen to them for the next three hours ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CDfm wrote: »
    Its really bad- even mean girls are coming down with something.

Nougatti is really ill with girlflu ( a make up allergy we believe) - she hasnt been at work this week. I didnt know you can get sick notes for breaking a nail. But apparently you can.

Hmmph, sympathy much?
    I've been on nebulisers, and three lots of drugs, and in bed for three days now.

After the care your OH allegedly gave you earlier in this thread, and your post about her recently, I hope she decides to turn your dining room into her bedroom for the foreseeable future :D
    no man its the old ive got a sore tummy etc :rolleyes:...

;)

:rolleyes:
    he was never sick.. made it up for sympathy

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

minxie1 wrote: »
    prob start a lonely hearts thread next.. hee hee:D

Minxie -you are all heart

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

and ftr, I might not be physically in the office but thanks to remote access and my blackberry I've done some small amount of work the past few days!!:pac:

nouggatti wrote: »
    Hmmph, sympathy much?
    I've been on nebulisers, and three lots of drugs, and in bed for three days now.

After the care your OH allegedly gave you earlier in this thread, and your post about her recently, I hope she decides to turn your dining room into her bedroom for the foreseeable future :D

:rolleyes:

+1
    My OH really did take care of me - well and its really nice to be taken care of when your ill.

But how can you take girlflu seriously with TammyFlu - does it come in a Lucky Bag or do you buy it at Smyths Toyshops:D:D:

My OH really did take care of me - well and its really nice to be taken care of when your ill.

But how can you take girlflu seriously with TammyFlu - does it come in a Lucky Bag or do you buy it at Smyths Toyshops:D:D:

Tamiflu is used to treat bird flu :D

nouggatti wrote: »
    and ftr, I might not be physically in the office but thanks to remote access and my blackberry I've done some small amount of work the past few days!!:pac:
    In all seriousness folks this current flu fights dirty and kicks you in the nuts. Some strains defy the flujab -its that nasty.

Its a going to bed job like a 6 yo.

• Advertisement

In all seriousness folks this current flu fights dirty and kicks you in the nuts. Some strains defy the flujab -its that nasty.

Its a going to bed job like a 6 yo.

It is a nasty nasty dose, I've been stuck in bed the past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

There was an article on the RTE news about it - apparently folk all over the country have it. And it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Nougatti, you sound very miserable.

How are our suffering mans? Any improvement?

Alice1 wrote: »

How are our suffering mans? Any improvement?

The TV remote is on the blink and i cant put the batteries in:(

Whats that Hadaflujab song all about -them feckers from X-Factor are mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I am down with my third bout of flu since the 2 week of November, however this is the worst, I spent all day in Bed Monday and all Monday night awake and raving with shivers and hallucinations, for some bizarre reason I kept thinking I was a Ryanair plane and that I had Bubonic Plague and the end of the world was nigh, I got this from watching TV in the two hours I surfaced from Bed. Today I awoke slightly better and took a shower and shave as I smelt like a buck goat from all the sweating. Tonight I took a hot toddy (honey, Jameson Whiskey, Sugar, Cloves and a slice of lemon with boiling water) plus two paracetamol and 4000mg of Vitamin C (about 1.5hrs after the booze) before retiring only to be awoken by a text from some idiot around 2am so naturally I took to the laptop and net to bore myself to sleep and I am almost there after reading about somefacts about triginometry.

Some old fellers tells me the potcheen is the best for a flu except it is near impossible to source it, heroin and cocaine would probably be easier. Anyone here use potcheen for a flu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I caught manflu today, probably from you feckers :(

I think I'm going to die, I need my mammy, a hot water bottle, paracetemol, the telly, and fifteen doctors to make sure I'm ok.

THE LIGHT... IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL... Is that you granny?

I caught manflu today, probably from you feckers :(

I think I'm going to die, I need my mammy, a hot water bottle, paracetemol, the telly, and fifteen doctors to make sure I'm ok.

THE LIGHT... IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL... Is that you granny?
    Our Manfluzies are on hand to dispense their special brand of wisdom and psychic energy.

Looking for Granny is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think I have the MANFLU.

Im dizzy, swollen throat and tired. Too lazy to anything this morning other than brush my teeth. Took jumper out of the wash and put it on over an unironed shirt.

Went to work and couldnt be bothered. Im home now.

I will collect my nurse from her work at 5:30 and get look after for the evening. I may even get the blanket from the spare room. On any other day I would be shot ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

ive had it since stephens day , no appetite , sweats , headaches , weak , dizzy , dis orientated , cough , over the worst now i hope , have cough and small ear infection , dizzy spells etc

on a diff note i know 11 people sick now with vomit and diahorea bug

could be a long january

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well to consider that I accidently worked a full day on Friday when I was not supposed to I will consider today an day in leiu. :D

I have an appetite. People who know me would be calling the grim reaper If they thought I had lost my appetite. :D

• Advertisement

i see more have fallen!!!!!!:eek:
    minxie1 aka(manfluzy) signing in :D

Advertisement