Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Alice1 wrote: »
    I haven't turned Mr. Ali into anything - he is a very happy man as it is.

I'm not evil Snowy - just a bit bold sometimes.

Now, regarding Mrs. CDfm. I don't really like that word "kidnapped" - so very negative. I prefer "initiated into the glorious sisterhood".....

yeah yeah he probably mindless and half zombiefied

yeah yeah all women are evil theres an equation for it :D

leave her alone your not to play with other people and your sister hodd is being watched :p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Now, regarding Mrs. CDfm. I don't really like that word "kidnapped" - so very negative. I prefer "initiated into the glorious sisterhood".....

Whew - wot a relief.

Mrs CD just landed on the roof from a Chinook heilicoptor and abseiled down the building cascading into the room like only a true Manfloozy Godess.

I thought you were in London - I gasped

London,New York, Rome or Paris - couldnt keep me away from you when the world is in the grip of a manflu pandemic -she breathed - lets hurty some knees

And Im not even sick:p

yeah yeah all women are evil theres an equation for it :D
    Alice + 1 = Evil Manflu Abuser

CDfm wrote: »
    Alice + 1 = Evil Manflu Abuser

quit similer i beleave it went something like this

women= money(money=evil) (so if money = women= evil=money(evil=women);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 red-demon

I've had the man flu for a week now, its really starting to get on my tits :p

• Advertisement

red-demon wrote: »

Girls cant get manflu:P

quit similer i beleave it went something like this

women= money(money=evil) (so if money = women= evil=money(evil=women);)

or

Alice had a little lamb
    With a snotty nose
    Now hes shepherds pie
    And some nice clothes

Welcome to the Manflu thread -Sneeze Responsibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Alice had a little lamb
    With a snotty nose
    Now hes shepherds pie
    And some nice clothes

Come back iambic pentameter, all is forgiven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If it wasn't bad enough having moobs!

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    Come back iambic pentameter, all is forgiven!

Thats Joycean that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I got the bastard man flu for the last few days. Snots and mucus everywhere so I'm constantly rubbing my nose which is now raw and sore with skin peeling off it. To top that I also have a sore throat so I have been sucking on Strepsils like they were made of toffee. None of this one lozenge every 3 hours crack for me. Found out yesterday they have laxative qualities if the recommended dose is exceeded:eek:

So now I have a sore throat, red raw nose and red raw arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

i have been suffering for the last week
    felt sorry for the others in the office tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Fozzie do not exceed recommended dosage - that is why it is recommended for goodness sake!

For your sore nose, try using lip salve (labello is super) to ease the soreness. Cloth hankies are kinder to your skin than tissues - buy really cheap ones and discard after use.

For your sore throat, try gargling with warm water and salt. Just gargle - don't swallow.

(CDfm, much as I like you and admire your wonderful qualities I feel I should say that poetry isn't really your forte.)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

well tonight i tried warm red wine with some polish version of cinnamon and something else in a packet, plus cloves! has done the trick i tell you

Fozzie do not exceed recommended dosage - that is why it is recommended for goodness sake!

For your sore nose, try using lip salve (labello is super) to ease the soreness. Cloth hankies are kinder to your skin than tissues - buy really cheap ones and discard after use.

For your sore throat, try gargling with warm water and salt. Just gargle - don't swallow.

(CDfm, much as I like you and admire your wonderful qualities I feel I should say that poetry isn't really your forte.)

What about my sore arse;)

Fozzie, like I said, don't exceed the recommended dosage - of anything. Meantime, eat toast and avoid fruit.

Fozzie, like I said, don't exceed the recommended dosage - of anything. Meantime, eat toast and avoid fruit.

Ya Fozzie and avoid fruit juices too as they too have a laxative effect.

To rehydrate avoid alcohol and caffeine (including Coca Cola) and try to stick to 7 up water etc- small amounts frequently.

If your arse is red and raw buy sudocream at any chemist or large supermarket.It is cheap. It may be near the baby section as its for nappyrash.

Sulks - I see you have never been the subject of a poem before.

Great a weekend of toast and sudocream ahead of me! Damn my feeble immune system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Have been running at about 60% all week

Supposed to be studying

But addicted to

Join My Mafia: http://apps.facebook.com/inthemafia/status_invite.php?from=650597005

Great a weekend of toast and sudocream ahead of me! Damn my feeble immune system.

sit in the sun it will help :cool:

Well I laughed and that's all that matters :pac:

Snowy, tis very unkind of you to laugh at CD's poem. At least he is making an effort - needs your encouragement not laughter. (Don't mind him CD- twas a good attempt for a first attempt)

Fozzie, while Sudocrem is meant for nappy rash, I never found it specially good for that. .... and it can sting. Try using whipped egg white - sounds gross but works very well.

What about my sore arse

sit in the sun it will help :cool:

Try using whipped egg white - sounds gross but works very well.

Uncomfortable image of bare naked sunbathing Fozzie and egg white :o

(Don't mind him CD- twas a good attempt for a first attempt)

Alice had a little whisk:D
    Fozzie, while Sudocrem is meant for nappy rash, I never found it specially good for that. .... and it can sting. Try using whipped egg white - sounds gross but works very well.

Well Fozzie -fess up rate it as a remedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHA :D:D:D Ahem sorry, (tee heehee) the MANFLU????? Ye have to be takin the psss!!!! Anyway, the manflu works somethin like this..........
    Women get a cold, men get pneumonia
    Women get headaches, men have brain tumours
    Women get tired, men are on the verge of a stroke,
    and six inches ia HUUUUGGGGE :pac::pac::pac:
    Manflu indeed!!! take some piriton, its probably just the pollen makin ye sneeze

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    Manflu indeed!!! take some piriton, its probably just the pollen makin ye sneeze

Arent you that extreme misandrist woman.

This is a health thread - dont think we are not wise to your hate filled bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

CDfm wrote: »
    Arent you that extreme misandrist woman.

This is a health thread - dont think we are not wise to your hate filled bile.

What you talkin bout, I luurv men, I just know you're all babies :D:D:D
    now got to sleep its past your bedtime and you're getting cranky :D:D;)

• Advertisement

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    HA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHA :D:D:D Ahem sorry, (tee heehee) the MANFLU????? Ye have to be takin the psss!!!! Anyway, the manflu works somethin like this..........
    Women get a cold, men get pneumonia
    Women get headaches, men have brain tumours
    Women get tired, men are on the verge of a stroke,
    and six inches ia HUUUUGGGGE :pac::pac::pac:

:rolleyes:

femnazi :P

I dont know you look for a bit of moral support and you get the 3 feminist witchs of dublin giving out yards

I personally would'nt expect you fem witch's to understand the needs of a man when sickness has got him bye the throat.....
    :rolleyes::P

but nice try :P

Advertisement